“We love Farrs”

Farr Better Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Ogden
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Great nostalgic place. We love their black licorice ice cream. They also sell a lot of fun vintage candy and gifts. If you are in the mood for a treat or hard ice cream, then go here. They don't have anything other than ice cream and candy here.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I was in the shop one day with my family when I saw an awful event happening. After my amazing service, the girl that was pulled away from us before we got rang up.... she was then chewed out for the size of her scoop ( that was quite average scoop almost on the smaller size) in front of us! I think that the employers need to act more professional.

3  Thank anedlwonk
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Farr Better ice cream is FAR better than any chain! With 70+ choices though, it may require more than a few minutes to make your selection. Farr is housed in the original building where the world of better ice cream began.

Ice cream in various forms is available ... nothing else :) ... great for desserts, however be forewarned: expect a long line, especially at night!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I am from out of town, and wanted to get an ice cream cone. The place is Darlene and old-fashioned. The people were kind and nice. However, when I ordered my double dipped waffle cone, I was completely taken by surprise of how big the scoops were. I guess you could say it is a plus, but I was alone and driving back home to my home state and knew that I would not be able to eat the whole thing so I asked for a cup and they gave me a small little cup that would not help. I went out to my car wondering how I was going to get this eaten… Needless to say, I went back into the store and for only $.60 more they gave me a pint cup. No one can really know how frustrated I was. I wish they would've said that these dips were very huge or at least help me somewhat to give me the pint cup for free. I have left this place thinking all they want is to dig into my pocket for more after they overwhelm me with surprises

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is truly an old fashioned ice cream parlor. They serve lots of flavors in old-style dishes. The ice cream is very tasty, and the atmosphere is just fun. There is great service--nothing to complain about! My husband, the ice cream aficionado in the family, was in heaven.