“Very Nice/Spotlessly clean”

Best Western Plus High Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed here for a couple of days7/4 & 5 ,non smoking room..While on the way to Ca.with my son. First time I stayed in the + edition of B W.It does make a difference. Very accommodating staff & the view was very scenic.Everything you could think of.It was there for you.Nice flat screen tv ,small fridge & coffee maker,Iron & ironing bd.. Had a queen bed comfortable and a couch,that does fold out to a bed..The Restaurant across the pkg. lot Jeremiahs was recommended. I'm glad I went.Reasonable prices and great service.Their buffalo burger is fantastic.Also the Peach cobbler is "sweet"!!!!!.
The breakfast bar @ B W is small/basic. However, the pancakes etc. at the restaurant make up the differences.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side will get a little vibration from the freight trains,that occasionally go by...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Of all the comments that I read, I am most pleased to hear when a guest feels that they received excellent customer service. My front desk team strives very hard to achieve that, and it very pleasing to know that their efforts are appreciated. We hope to see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus High Country Inn

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Last year we stayed here and rated it a WOW, this year we are giving it a Double WOW. Stayed in the King executive which is a step us for us, we usually do the King, What a beautiful room (242), the set up was great, and the the view was of the large Koi Pond and little bridge.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for giving us the double wow factor. That is so nice to hear from one of our valued customers. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the executive suite. That room is really set up nicely for a couple to have a nice stay. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was a great hotel stay. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. We had a very nice room in the back with a large window that faced their beautiful park and pond. This was a great area for walking our dogs as opposed to circling a parking lot. We also found it very relaxing to sit and enjoy. The pool is very nice and the large lobby is beautiful. One of the better Best Western's we have stayed in. Ask for a room in the back facing the park. The restaurant across the parking was average for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back with a view of the park.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

I was very happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us recently. The park out back really is a somewhat hidden gem that I hope every guest gets to experience. It makes bringing the family pet along much more enjoyable. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Lights in the bedroom not working. Surprising main room lightning: 2 neon lights fixed behind the TV cabinet. Air conditioner very noisy. Difficult to sleep. Room design quite hold style. Swimming pool quite small and in the car park. Outside restaurant for breakfast ok. Restaurant service ok. Hotel service have room for improvement.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

First of all, on behalf of myself and my staff, I would like to offer an apology that you did not have an excellent stay with us. It sounds like the room that you stayed in needs some attention, and I will have my staff get right on that. I do hope that if you ever pass through this way again, you would consider giving us another chance to serve you. Again, I do apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Beautiful park area behind hotel for a walk. Handy unloading luggage because backed up to main floor exterior door. Husband rates his salmon dinner at the restaurant next door the best he has had so far on our trip and we have since been in Oregon for 4 days.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are obviously an older property with the exterior entrances. However, this is the part that people often forget, is how nice it is to be able to pull right up to your front door with luggage. I was happy to hear that you appreciated that. I recently stayed at a property that I had walk over a 1/4 mile to my room from the front door. That was not a pleasant experience. Thank you also for the feedback on your dinner.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

On our road trip through Northwest US we stopped at this hotel one rainy day. The staff were excellent in handling our need for a room. The food was excellent, and the entire experience wonderful. I would stay here again. We've been very pleased at the availability and helpfulness of all Best Western staff at all hotels on our trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. It is always very nice to hear that you have had a string of good experiences during your road trips at various Best Western properties. Here's hoping that you have a continued peaceful journey.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This property was "adequate" but I expected much more from a Best Western Plus. The rooms all have exterior access (I would imagine that the location is circa-1970s with some updates since then), so security was a concern. I was very disappointed that the location did not provide complimentary breakfast. It seems that for the price paid and the "Plus" designation, this should have been a given, but such was not the case.

The location does have ease of access to the interstate and there was an excellent Thai restaurant located just a couple of blocks east of the property, but if I return to Ogden, I'll likely find another location that is a bit more updated and that provides more amenities to its guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire staff here at the Best Western High Country Inn, that you did not find your stay with us to be excellent. You are correct in your assessment that the property was built in 1979 and we are an exterior entry property. Despite your concerns, I can assure you that we have never had an issue of guest security being breached as a result of the property type. Although we do not offer a continental breakfast, there is an award winning restaurant on site that specializes in breakfast and they almost never have a dissatisfied customer. I hope that you will consider giving Best Western another try in the future to exceed your expectations.