“Bathroom”

Best Western Plus High Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The shower area was not up to proper standards. The shower curtain was gross. We had stay there many times before and had brought the problem to the staffs attention. Seems things never change. So, we will not stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marianne H
bwhci, Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for giving your honest feedback regarding this issue with the shower curtain. I honestly cannot recall having had someone complain about them being dirty in the past, so I apologize if we have not addressed this to your satisfaction. We clean them daily and change them out on a regular basis, so I apologize if you had a curtain that was discolored or dirty.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus High Country Inn

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Tight schedule, NO internet service! Front desk tells me its MY PROBLEM!! WOuld not give me the manager's name. Avoid this place, stay somewhere else. Shower fan hummed all night from the next room. Broken light switches....

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank James S
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

First of all, let me apologize that there was an issue with the wireless internet during your stay with us. As a result of your feedback, we found that we had a wireless transmitter that had gone out in the area that your room was located. We have replaced that transmitter and all is working well again. I apologize that you were told that the internet issue was your problem, and if you could not get my name from the front desk personnel. I do have a stack of business cards at the front desk and I always welcome customer feedback and concerns. I sincerely hope that you would consider staying with us again in the future, should the occasion arise.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Location is good, food is great, appearance good, pet friendly rooms smell bad, pet run covered with poop mines, and house keeping didn't clean out room one of the three days. Other than that the stay was fair.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank putitonmytab
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

I truly apologize that your room did not smell fresh and clean for your stay. We strive to keep the pet friendly rooms up to same standards as other rooms on the property. We are going to replace carpets in many of the pet friendly rooms in the very near future. Pet odors are always tough to completely eliminate, but I will have my staff check the room that you stayed in to make sure that it is fresh and clean.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We often travel between Canada and Arizona and we always plan our trip to stay at the hotel. The rooms are comfortable and we travel with a dog and there is a lovely park just outside the room with walking paths to walk the dog. They supply bags for the pickup and there are fish in the pond that you can feed. It is very beautiful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I personally do not have any dogs, so I truly appreciate the positive and useful feedback out the things that you liked at our property. We want to be an excellent pet friendly stay and comments like yours help us to do so.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I loved this hotel! The night before we stayed in a Best Western in Oregon which was good for the price and couldn't believe the Ogden Plus was far superior for the same price as we paid in Oregon. We were on a long road trip and I had a lot of tech items that had to be plugged in; I loved that they had plug in adapters on the desk and by the bed. Can't say enough about this hotel. One of the best on our trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

We really appreciate your outstanding review of the property. I was happy to hear that you were able to put the three prong outlets in the room to good use. I know how that is when you travel and don't have room to plug in your phone and laptop and all the gadgets that folks in your party bring with them. I also love to hear that you felt you got a great value in regards to price versus the product. That is always a great feeling and helps to motivate us to strive for this feeling from all of our customers. Thank you again for your valued input.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Everything about this motel was good except that the trains ran by all night preventing sleep. Excellent, reasonable pet policy, nice walking area for dog, excellent hot tub. Jeremiah's restaurant adjacent to the motel is excellent. Really too bad about the trains; because of them I would not stay there again

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy M

I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear that you would not consider returning to our property in the future. Especially when you seemed to like everything about us except for the passing trains. As I mentioned in the previous posting, the front side of the property does tend to be a little more quiet than the back and we do offer earplugs at the front desk. I am so sorry that you were unable to rest during your stay. I hope that you will consider giving us a second chance to have you as a guest in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Don't know about the front side of the hotel but the back side is exposed to a train track with trains that blow their horn every 2 hours as they come under the overpass. Then, to top it off, I went to turn the TV on to try and drown out the train to find a non working remote in the room. Also a little shocked to find there wasn't even a continental breakfast offered at $90+ a night!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank LVLocal59

I truly do apologize that the passing trains disrupted your stay with us. Some nights they do not pass by at all and other nights they seem to be on a mission to disrupt our guests with frequent passes and long pulls on their whistles. If you come again in the future, the front side does tend to be quieter in regard to the trains, and we also have earplugs available at the front desk. Thank you for your feedback.