“What does "Plus" mean?”

Best Western Plus High Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We always thought a Best Western "Plus" meant they served breakfast - but not at this one! They didn't even serve a continental breakfast! They sent us to the restaurant next door, which wasn't bad - in fact, it was very good, but you had to pay full price - no vouchers or anything. Also because the door to the room opens to the parking lot, there was a lot of noise. The furnace sounded more like a windstorm was passing through!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David C
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

I am sorry to hear that you felt confused about the "Plus" designation with Best Western. That designation states that we have certain additional amenities of a higher quality than a standard Best Western. ie. a higher quality of soap, linen, and size of towels. Regarding breakfast, we are only required to provide a free breakfast if we do not have a restaurant on site. Since the owners here operate the restaurant as well we do not have a free breakfast. I apologize if this was an inconvenience for you.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Just 35-40 minutes from 2 great ski areas, I rate this place "Best Motel in Ogden, ski capitol of the world". The restaurant is very convenient for early risers. I have stayed here in late January for 5 years and never had a problem.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kelvin V

Glad to here that you feel about Ogden the way the people who live here feel about it. Thank you so much for staying with us for each of your last five ski trips and I am happy to hear that you have had excellent stays with us.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Just off exit 344 on I 15 sets the Best Western High Country Inn. I liked the ability to park in front of my room for easy unloading and loading. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. The rooms had a large flat screen TV and the rest of the amenities you would expect. They have an excellent restaurant on property that is privately owned and serves great meals three times a day. There are plenty of fast food places all around, but no other high quality dining facilities close by. None the less, it's a great place to stay at if your skiing Snow Basin.

Room Tip: Ground floors make for easy loading and unloading,
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank JerryQuill
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

I really appreciate your feedback about our property. I was also happy to hear that you have found us to be a good base camp for your trips up to SnowBasin Ski resort. That is a great resort that has not been completely "discovered" by the rest of the skiing world. Thank you for visiting Jeremiah's during your stay, and again we thank you for the feedback and for staying with us.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The BWP High Country Inn is just a couple of blocks off the interstate. Easy to find and enter. Lobby is spacious and very attractive. Rooms are generally nice (I've had some good stays here in the past) but this time my room needed some work. I should have requested a different room, but I arrived late and decided that the time I had needed to be spent sleeping. The bed was comfortable and I had a good sleep. If you are a light sleeper, you might want to request a room on the front side of the building. There are railroad tracks behind the hotel and rooms on the backside can hear the locomotives (I didn't).
Jerimiah's, the restaurant next door, is a very nice family place to eat. The food is very good, and you only need to walk across the parking lot to get there.
I'll stay again, but I'll ask to see the room before I check in. It's been a good hotel in the past and it deserves another chance.

Room Tip: Stay on the front side of the Inn to avoid noise from the trains in back.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I pulled in off I15 in the snow and found this warm reception, nice room, friendly staff and wonderful walking trail for me to take the dog out for a stretch after a long day on the road. hard to find a nice safe place to walk in the winter at a hotel. We even had a fountain, bridge and scenery. Wow. Nice

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Barbara L
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

We are to delighted that we could provide a safe convenient area for you to walk your pet after a long day on the road. We keep that pathway cleared all winter so that pet owners or anyone who wants to take a stroll can access that great little trail. Thank you for your comment and thank you for staying with us.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The room was nice but the hot tub sucked. The shower sucked and your staff asked why we didn't ask for a different room at 10:00 PM at night? We were in for the night on our anniversary and undressed when we tried the hot tub. No way were were we going to get dressed to go out in the cold to complain. I will not stay at this facility again even though the staff was pretty sensitive to our complaints.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

I am very sorry to hear that your special occasion was disrupted by the Jacuzzi tub in the room not working properly. I will work with my maintenance staff to ensure that we get the problem fixed right away. We do have another suite on property that we could have moved you into, but I know this would have been inconvenient. Again I apologize that everything was not perfect for your special night.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is an exceptional motel. Room was clean and spacious. Very comfortable with sofa to watch large flat screened TV. Included microwave and refrigerator. Check-in was effortless with a very friendly, courteous gal. Price was acceptable. If any complaint at all it would be that they do not include breakfast and we usually stay where that is included as we find it much more convenient than going to a restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

I just wanted to thank you for your very kind review of our property. Trip Advisor has become an invaluable source of specific feedback for us. It always feels great when we get full marks from a satisfied customer. It is even better when they take the time to share those thoughts with us. Thank you again for the review.