“Great place for me and the pooch”

Best Western Plus High Country Inn
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
San Pedro
“Great place for me and the pooch”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I pulled in off I15 in the snow and found this warm reception, nice room, friendly staff and wonderful walking trail for me to take the dog out for a stretch after a long day on the road. hard to find a nice safe place to walk in the winter at a hotel. We even had a fountain, bridge and scenery. Wow. Nice

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Barbara L
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
We are to delighted that we could provide a safe convenient area for you to walk your pet after a long day on the road. We keep that pathway cleared all winter so that pet owners or anyone who wants to take a stroll can access that great little trail. Thank you for your comment and thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The room was nice but the hot tub sucked. The shower sucked and your staff asked why we didn't ask for a different room at 10:00 PM at night? We were in for the night on our anniversary and undressed when we tried the hot tub. No way were were we going to get dressed to go out in the cold to complain. I will not stay at this facility again even though the staff was pretty sensitive to our complaints.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
I am very sorry to hear that your special occasion was disrupted by the Jacuzzi tub in the room not working properly. I will work with my maintenance staff to ensure that we get the problem fixed right away. We do have another suite on property that we could have moved you into, but I know this would have been inconvenient. Again I apologize that everything was not perfect for your special night.
Grand Junction, Co, United States
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is an exceptional motel. Room was clean and spacious. Very comfortable with sofa to watch large flat screened TV. Included microwave and refrigerator. Check-in was effortless with a very friendly, courteous gal. Price was acceptable. If any complaint at all it would be that they do not include breakfast and we usually stay where that is included as we find it much more convenient than going to a restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I just wanted to thank you for your very kind review of our property. Trip Advisor has become an invaluable source of specific feedback for us. It always feels great when we get full marks from a satisfied customer. It is even better when they take the time to share those thoughts with us. Thank you again for the review.
Cedar city, Utah, USA
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is a great hotel. We have stayed here several times and will continue to do so. I have only been dissatisfied once when they decided to change my reservation from the suite to two joined rooms. I have two younger children and was not at all comfortable with them having a door in and out on their side. The person checking us in gave little to no response other than "oh sorry, it was already booked, it doesn't happen often." I guess my concern is it sure would have been nice to know before we showed up on a holiday that it would not be what we though. Very disappointed in how it was handled. Stay was still good and the two rooms worked out fine, they just made me nervous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I want to thank you for your insightful response. I agree with you about the room change. My kids are old enough now that it would be no problem, but when they were young, I wanted them in the same room. We should have communicated that change to you as soon as we became aware of it. I am grateful that you will still consider staying with us in the future, and we will try to do a better job of meeting your reservations requests.
Penhold
Reviewed November 22, 2013

THis hotel is in a great spot to stop at before heading south through Salt Lake city. There are a few gas stations very close and a decent restaurant adjacent to the hotel. Staff are very friendly and there is a nice place behind the hotel to walk a dog or enjoy a quiet stroll. Se had a pet friendly room which was very clean.. Checkout is easy and co9ffee is availzble antime you want it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Peter L
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the High Country Inn. I truly hope that every person who checks in here feels welcome, so I was very happy to hear that you felt my staff did so. The park out back is really great, especially for those traveling with pets, so I was glad to hear that you took advantage of that during your time with us. Hope to see you again in the future.
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Typical motel near the Interstate. Nothing special at all - bed was comfy - but furnishings and bathroom was dated. Sorry but way too much for a so-so room in a so-so location. If you're bargain hunting you might do better, but sadly hotels are ridiculously expensive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am sorry to hear that you did not find your stay with us to be an excellent one. I really do appreciate your feedback about the décor and other items during your stay. This will help us to make improvements in the future that really matter to our customers.
Incline Village, Nevada
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had a very helpful friendly check in. Yes the breakfast was not included but the restaurant on property had a great menu. We were there on a Sunday morning it was amazingly packed. No problem to wait in your room, i couldn't believe it was only 20 minute wait with all the people lined out the door. They offer a healthy fair and it was good. Yes the lighting is dark in the bathroom, the train didn't wake me and i am a light sleeper. Our bed was comfortable we were happy for the one night we stayed.

Room Tip: No elevators, so 1st floor if you have heavy luggage as we did.