“Wonderful Best Western”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Grand Junction, Co, United States
“Wonderful Best Western”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is an exceptional motel. Room was clean and spacious. Very comfortable with sofa to watch large flat screened TV. Included microwave and refrigerator. Check-in was effortless with a very friendly, courteous gal. Price was acceptable. If any complaint at all it would be that they do not include breakfast and we usually stay where that is included as we find it much more convenient than going to a restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I just wanted to thank you for your very kind review of our property. Trip Advisor has become an invaluable source of specific feedback for us. It always feels great when we get full marks from a satisfied customer. It is even better when they take the time to share those thoughts with us. Thank you again for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Cedar city, Utah, USA
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is a great hotel. We have stayed here several times and will continue to do so. I have only been dissatisfied once when they decided to change my reservation from the suite to two joined rooms. I have two younger children and was not at all comfortable with them having a door in and out on their side. The person checking us in gave little to no response other than "oh sorry, it was already booked, it doesn't happen often." I guess my concern is it sure would have been nice to know before we showed up on a holiday that it would not be what we though. Very disappointed in how it was handled. Stay was still good and the two rooms worked out fine, they just made me nervous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I want to thank you for your insightful response. I agree with you about the room change. My kids are old enough now that it would be no problem, but when they were young, I wanted them in the same room. We should have communicated that change to you as soon as we became aware of it. I am grateful that you will still consider staying with us in the future, and we will try to do a better job of meeting your reservations requests.
Penhold
Reviewed November 22, 2013

THis hotel is in a great spot to stop at before heading south through Salt Lake city. There are a few gas stations very close and a decent restaurant adjacent to the hotel. Staff are very friendly and there is a nice place behind the hotel to walk a dog or enjoy a quiet stroll. Se had a pet friendly room which was very clean.. Checkout is easy and co9ffee is availzble antime you want it.

1 Thank Peter L
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the High Country Inn. I truly hope that every person who checks in here feels welcome, so I was very happy to hear that you felt my staff did so. The park out back is really great, especially for those traveling with pets, so I was glad to hear that you took advantage of that during your time with us. Hope to see you again in the future.
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Typical motel near the Interstate. Nothing special at all - bed was comfy - but furnishings and bathroom was dated. Sorry but way too much for a so-so room in a so-so location. If you're bargain hunting you might do better, but sadly hotels are ridiculously expensive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am sorry to hear that you did not find your stay with us to be an excellent one. I really do appreciate your feedback about the décor and other items during your stay. This will help us to make improvements in the future that really matter to our customers.
Incline Village, Nevada
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had a very helpful friendly check in. Yes the breakfast was not included but the restaurant on property had a great menu. We were there on a Sunday morning it was amazingly packed. No problem to wait in your room, i couldn't believe it was only 20 minute wait with all the people lined out the door. They offer a healthy fair and it was good. Yes the lighting is dark in the bathroom, the train didn't wake me and i am a light sleeper. Our bed was comfortable we were happy for the one night we stayed.

Room Tip: No elevators, so 1st floor if you have heavy luggage as we did.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I was very happy to hear that you discovered the wonderful gem that is Jeremiah's Restaurant. The locals in this community have voted them "Best Breakfast" in Ogden many times over. Thank you also for your very thoughtful feedback in your comments. I will be sharing your remarks with the staff here.
Idaho
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The bed we had was terrible. No support to the mattress. Tried to sleep on the sofa, and got maybe 2 hrs. of sleep. To top it off the train noise was so loud (because of the poor quality of the windows and doors) that getting to sleep (and staying asleep), was all but impossible. Then to top it off they don't offer breakfast their. We ended up leaving by 3 AM--having gotten hardly any sleep at all. We should have asked for a full refund, but no one with authority to give it was available, at that early hour of the morning. This has got to be the worst experience at a Best Western we have ever had (although the beds at the Best Western in Kearney, NE were just about as bad or maybe worse), and as soon as we use up the rewards points accumulated over the years, Best Western is going to be crossed off our list of hotel chains to patronize.

2 Thank IdahoCamerabuff
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I sincerely apologize that you had such a poor experience staying at our property. We try to change out our beds on a regular schedule, so that a guest does not have an experience such as you did. I am sorry to hear that the bed in your room must be past it's time.
We have always had a train running behind the property, but with the ramp up to the holidays, that traffic tends to get a little heavier. I was sad to hear that your sleep was disrupted by the trains so badly. I would be happy to work with you doing something about the problems that you experienced here.
Greeley, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2013

It is always a pleasure to stay here. The hotel is sctually my favorite to stay at while in Utah. Just great service with cool decor and nice peple and very comfortable. They actually recognize me now and I will stay there again in the next couple weeks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
What a wonderful compliment to make your list as your favorite property to stay at in Utah. I love to hear that the staff here has treated you well and now recognizes you upon arrival. We very much appreciate your feedback and your continued patronage of our business.