Best Western Plus High Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The rooms were nice and quiet. We enjoyed the koi pond and the little park in the rear of the hotel. That was a nice buffer from the highway. The lighting was a little dim but the esthetics were nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

I love to hear when guests find their way out to our little park and koi pond in the back of the property. We try hard to let folks know about this area, but I still think many miss out on this little oasis. Glad to hear that our staff took good care of you during your stay. Hope to see you back on a future visit.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

NO breakfast provided. Odor in room, Poor lighting in bathroom, heating/air conditioner noisy, OLD blow dryer. No elevators for upstairs access.. you have to carry luggage upstairs. Not my favorite. Because of no breakfast, the front desk kept "pushing" the local restaurant in the parking lot. Wonder if Best Western gets a kick back??

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

We certainly made some mistakes during your stay. I am very sorry that the room you stayed in did not smell fresh and clean and that it had a noisy HVAC unit. I wish I had spoken with you personally so we could get the issues in your room fixed. As to your rhetorical question about the restaurant set up, the folks that own this property do own and operate the restaurant on site. The restaurant has been voted "Best Breakfast" so many times in this area, that we are very proud of it, and try to encourage guests to try it out. I am very sorry if you felt pushed too far by this. I hope that you would consider giving us a second chance to try and make things right should you ever travel through Ogden again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Excellent hotel an staff rooms are always refreshing and relaxing. One of my most favorite hotel destinations whenever I'm traveling out west. One of my must stay hotel destinations. Looking forward to my next visit. Shaun F.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We all love to have good friends in our life, but there is something special about having a best friend. You can always count on them. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that our property is a friend that you feel you can count on whenever you come through Ogden. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We decided to layover an extra day, after a long day on the road. Rest up and all that. The room was clean and bright. The bathroom, although some what small, had a good size shower and toilet (unlike the last one we stayed at). We tried the pool, found it to cold and tried the hot tub and found it way to hot (no I am not Goldie locks). One call to the main desk and problem solved. Which is why I'm giving up the fifth dot.

That dot is for the staff. Best Western had better appreciate the professional manner which the staff, there, did their job. If you went to them with a problem ... they got on it.

Room Tip: A room in the *inner court area* will help with the train sounds. Although it wasn't that big of...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

At the end of a long day, I got a laugh from your Goldie Locks comment. Your remark is the kind that typically makes me the most happy. I would love it if we never made mistakes, or had issues at the property, but this is just not so. However, I love to hear when one of my staff members rescues a bad situation with excellent customer service. We very much appreciate your feedback and that fifth dot.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I liked this hotel, and the staff was friendly, however it did not offer a free breakfast. There are nicer hotels closer to city center, resturants, that offer a free breakfast for the same rate as this hotel. If your a snow bunny then would be okay. If you are a buisiness travel you will expect more.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I really appreciate your feedback about the breakfast and the rates. The owners of this property also own and operate "Jeremiah's" restaurant onsite. Owing to the fact that we do not offer a free breakfast, we try to keep our rates a bit lower than similar properties in our market here in Ogden. I apologize if this was not the case during your stay. We will make sure to do better at our homework.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I read the reviews and I was concerned that I would not be able to sleep because I am a very light sleeper. So when I called I did as I always do, I requested a very quiet room. I was very happy to sleep quite well through the night. The room was clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review. Getting a peaceful nights rest is paramount to me when I travel. I can take or leave much of the "fluff", but a good bed and quiet location is wonderful. We are pleased that you found that at our property.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had a lovely room, although could have been doing with fly swatters - too many flies in the room. Lovely koi pond at the rear and a lovely very very hot hot tub. Problem was the trains at night & during the night - they were sounding their horns.

Room Tip: One furthest away from the train lines :-)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
bwhci, General Manager at Best Western Plus High Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Congratulations on your retirement! We hope that you had a wonderfully relaxing trip to celebrate that momentous occasion. For some reason, this last part of the summer, we have had a lot of flies in the area. I apologize if they bothered you during your stay. We are working everyday to get rid of them as much as possible. I hope that these little pests would not keep you from coming back to stay with us again.