“Would Stay Again”

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Kansas City, Missouri
“Would Stay Again”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This motel is close to the freeway and a good value. We stayed again this year after staying in 2010 also. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean. The breakfast is ok, but nothing fancy. I wasn't impressed with the front desk person's personality. He wasn't rude, but not really friendly either. He was efficient. We had a reservation and check in was quick. We use hotels as stops on our way to final destinations. For one night, this motel fits all our needs, and we'd stay again. Most people would probably rate this higher than me. Average is a good motel in my view.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jayco-man

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,908 helpful votes
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed one night and indicated at check in that we wanted the stay credited to our Southwest Airlines acccount. We were told it was done--then at check out we asked again if the miles were credited to SWA and were told they were. After a month and some checking with SWA, we find out that the stay was not credited.

Did the staff at the motel ignore our request or just blow it off as unimportant? We now have to make many calls to SWA and Choice Hotels to get the motel's mistake corrected.

This certainly leaves a bad impression--too bad, this was a pretty good place to stay--good location, reasonable rates, quiet because we asked for a room away from the loud trucks at the truck stop, comfortable bed, smallish room, but it did have a fridge and microwave. I probably would have rated this place very good except for the uncaring customer service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pnemiller

Travelers are raving about these Ogden hotels

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Rooms were clean, tidy, looked brand new. Updated furnishings, new tv, microwave, fridge, and whatnot. Bed was comfortable, too. As were pillows.

Only thing I might agree with is the semi trucks grumbling across the street at the truck stop, but turn on the air unit and you don't hear a thing. :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Lander, Wyoming
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Had a very small room, one queen... but was thrilled to find they had a microwave and fridge in the room (most important to me). It's right by a truck stop but I did not hear noise as I was in the back side of the motel, overlooking a green field and spectacular mountains in the distance. The highway was far enough away that you could not hear that either. Decent breakfast as they had hard boiled eggs, which is a must for me to consider it breakfast... need that protein to travel on! There is a sign that everyone sees on the highway for a cheaper price, but they explain it is for a single, smoking room. I always get good prices from the Choice Hotels website anyway, along with points... would suggest you join memberships if you travel a lot!

There is a computer in the lobby that worked well.

I felt it was quiet, a good bed, and tho the room was very small, opening that window (on the second floor) made all the difference. I do recommend this motel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed March 17, 2011

We checked in at 3:00 pm. None of the lights were working. We called the front desk and they said they would fix it. One and a half hours later we left for dinner. When we came back the lights were still not working and I was sick with a head cold. My partner was trying to help take care of me and walking around in the dark bumping into furniture. We did not know what was wrong so we called the front desk again. The guy we spoke to said they had shift change at 5:00 and no one had told him. So we did finally get the light on at 7:00.
Very bad customer service and we made a complaint with Choice Hotels. All we got was a "Oh ... Sorry about that".

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed May 26, 2010

The Sleep Inn in Ogden UT was a good choice for my travel plans. It is close to I-15 and was very easy to find. Very helpful staff. Clean and comfortable bed. My trip was being done on a low budget and the Sleep Inn was a great value. If I again find myself in the Ogden area, I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Idaho Falls
Reviewed February 18, 2010

This hotel may be by a truck stop but the hotel is very clean and has great employees. They were very helpful in meeting our needs during our stay. We stayed for 10 days and we were grateful for all the help their staff gave. The rooms were very clean and looks as if it has just been remodled.My recommend on this hotel is it is great.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple