“Oldie but goodie”

Cuisines: American
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Oldie but goodie”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Just drove past and decided to give it a try. Turns out it is a very popular place with a long, positive history. A combination of shopping and eating. A huge choice of clothing,jewelry,nick-naks. Fun shopping. My wife loved it. The restaurant has a large and varied menu. Salads,sandwiches,entrees, homemade desserts. Take some time to eat,shop, and enjoy the beautiful mountain vista.

• Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Farr West
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

When our regional manager came to town today, we brought her to The Greenery. She was very impressed. The Greenery is a great place with consistently great food. Prices are average. Everything we've ever had on the menu is excellent. I had the Chinese Chicken Salad today, and it was wonderful!

• Visited May 2014
Ogden, Utah
“Bad Customer Service!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My Mother-In-Law purchased two coupons through the Standard Examiner in December 2013 for $12 with a redemption value of $24 each. We had a nice meal and came to the counter to pay our bill we encountered a problem. There was no expiration date on the coupon and when we went to use them I was told they were expired and were no good. I asked to see where the expiration date was and of course it was not there. The young lady checking us out then called for her manager for verification. Craig came to the counter, he stated abruptly and rudely that the coupon had expired in March 2014 but was unable to show that on my coupon. He then presented a different one with the expiration date on it. He told me all he could give me was $5.00 for it and nothing more, no questions asked no way to talk with him. I even suggested at least give us the original $12.00 we paid for it and he refused. It was his final decision and no way would it be changed. Craig also stated it was my responsibility to contact the Standard Examiner to get the rest of the money if I wanted to but he would not give me any more than $5. I told him it was the restaurants deal with the Standard Examiner and why should I have to do that. They would not give me anything either I am sure. So I am in a jam! When told we would no longer come there he said rudely that it was our decision. When told we would tell others how we were treated he said that was our choice. He did this while we were standing at the cash register with other customers listening on. My wife and I left mad a violated. Craig at least should be talked to about how he dealt with us and how that appeared to the other patrons in the area and even the cashier who had a surprised look on her face.

Do you think this is good customer service? If you are willing to negate the many years of patronage to your establishment and further negate it by me not coming to the Greenery anymore for a few bucks then it is deplorable.
I have spent hundreds or maybe even thousands of dollars in The Greenery and to treat us in this manner makes us never want to come to the Greenery again and share that with our many friends! If you are willing to trade $24 for the amount I have spent then that is not smart customer service and detrimental to increased income from.

We only used one coupon and kept it in hopes you would be more accommodating that Craig was and give us the remaining $19 for the one we used and $24 for the one we still have. If this is not done then I can assume you support the customer service provided by Craig as acceptable and you will not wee me there again and my friends will do accordingly!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Lynnster56
“Nothing to complain about.”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The Greenery has a lot of unique menu choices that are all equally delicious. The service is great and the ambiance is good, but nothing great. The prices are relatively low.

• Visited July 2013
Brigham City, Utah
“Not as I remember”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Hadn't been here for quite some time but since we were nearby decided to stop for lunch. As with the shops, the restaurant isn't what it used to be even though the menu had old favorites. I had the 'Benedict Arnold' with the sauce on the side; the waitress delivered the sauce in a soup bowl and we all agreed it was a heart attack waiting to happen (melted butter floating on top). The waitress continued to make fun of the sauce the few times she paused to see if we wanted anything else. No fresh fruit this time, just an overly sweet marshmallow something. My husband had to ask for a 2nd cup of black coffee though said his sandwich was Okay. Surroundings on the porch were pleasant as the sun was out but the wall decor is downright weird, including a pix of a horse's 'behind'!

• Visited January 2014