“Delicious!!”

Ranked #29 of 368 Restaurants in Ogden
West Point, Utah
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Perfectly cooked potatoes and excellent flavor combinations without being overdone. Lots of great choices of potatoes and salads. We had the enchilada and curry thai potatoes and theTrip to Italy salad, which had a perfect balance of fresh fruit, asiago cheese and vinaigrette dressing. I would highly recommend this place!

• Visited June 2014

Pleasant view, ut
“Boring”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I was excited for something new and different but was disappointed. The food was blah. The potato was good but the toppings were very processed and canned. And the price, for a good old baked potato, was too high.

Ogden, Utah
“Love it!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This place is great, and I have never been anywhere like it so it is original and I like that. The Texas Chili Potato is my favorite but all of them are great.

Visited November 2013
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Your Potato is ready, sir.”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was curious; food writers and critics should be. I had never heard of a restaurant of this name and wondered if it was a chain or not. Since my hotel, The Hampton Inn was only steps away in Downtown Ogden, I decided to give it a try.

Brixton's Potato Shops are an English invention, and I would have thought they would have been Irish for some reason. Having been in both countries recently, I know I'd never seen one before. It's an average sized fast food shop, but really different in concept. It was clean and neat looking and service was fast and courteous.

Although they serve soups, salads and sandwiches, their key product is the baked potato. You can have your potato served the traditional way, sliced or mashed, then it gets interesting. They have over a half a dozen different ways you can have your potato topped. Having lived in New Mexico for twenty years, I didn't have a problem deciding on my topping. It was Chili Verde with pork. It turned out being a large meal for the rice. It was delicious and the potato had a great oven baked smell to it that reminded me of how we used to bake potato's when we were kids after raking up all the leaves. We'd get a good leave fire going and then drop in the potato's and sit around and tell stories until they were done. The smell was great and the potato's were truly delicious. It's too bad restaurants can't do it the same way. Anyhow, it was a fast, and delicious meal at a very nice price, and a nice change from the regular fare your always greeted with. My only lament was that they didn't serve beer with their meals. That would have made it perfect.

The store is the only one in the states, but they are looking at starting to franchise in the near future.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank JerryQuill
Ogden, Utah
“Not too bad!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Food is pretty good, and it is definitely a unique experience. The smashed baked potato is my favorite and I have found that it is better when I ask for just a little bit of the sauce instead of the whole serving (I have tried Alfredo and Cheese sauce...) It is a little bit more money than I want to spend on a potato, but it wasn't too bad.

• Visited October 2013