“Fantastic food!”

Sharon, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Pile up your favorite stir-fry veggies, add noodles...tower it all as high as you can....add noodles and definitely the 'house' recipe for sauses....you must try this place if you're into Mongolian BBQ! I moved away, and going back for a visit soon, and can't wait to eat there again!

Visited August 2012

Ogden, Utah
“Mediocre”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The place feels dirty and run down. The egg rolls and soup are awful. I do like the the quick cooking of the items I've selected and seasoned.

3 Thank Irene V
Layton, Utah
“Less than Welcoming Atmosphere/Better Mongolian Elsewhere”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My hubby and I have been hearing about Lee's for years. Living in Layton, we frequent the local Mongolian restaurant in our city and have always been happy. We've also had great luck with a Mongolian restaurant in St. George. Visiting Lee's was just a matter of time.

We opted for lunch on Wednesday, August 1st and were met with a friendly welcome by the wait staff and hostess. Once seated, we perused the menu located on the wall. Immediately I was taken aback by only being offered one bowl at lunch (additional bowls of meat were extra, ranging from $1.60 to $2.00, depending on the type of meat). All-you-can-eat is reserved for dinner only.

When we went to the bar, the meat was already housed in each bowl ("you mean, I'm not even allowed to scoop my own meat?!") The waitress explained the process and you would have thought it was due to the multiple choices and options. Hardly! It's all about limitations here. She had to explain because there's so much you "can't" do. Only a few sauces are offered and, when my meal was prepared, the cook spent about thirty seconds cooking. The grill must have been incredibly hot, otherwise I wouldn't have been confident my chicken was completely done.

The sauces: Soy sauce, vinegar, lobster, garlic, curry, sweet and sesame oil. That's it. (At our local place, there are three times as many with lots of ways to spice up or sweeten up your order.) The vegetables are also limited and were less than appealing. As I sat down to eat, I was disheartened by the blandness of the bowl. I suppose if I'd never eat Mongolian BBQ anywhere else, I would have been impressed. Alas, this was not to be. The rice bowl was half a serving size and I was forced with egg flower soup, which isn't my favorite. Where was the Miso or Hot and Sour options? Perhaps they only serve those on days other than Wednesday.

Our waitress visited us five times in the half hour we were there. I'm all for customer service, but there is such as thing as "overkill". You check on your patrons to see if they have everything they need, then you address refills. Why did she keep coming back? There was quite a bit of hovering and It made me very uncomfortable.

The egg rolls are "special" to this location and are hand prepared. When I went to pick mine up, a puddle of oil was left on the dish. Yuck! It's as if it were hurriedly thrown on the plate to get out to us, never mind any draining. A small oversight but, nonetheless one that turned me off even more.

The entire experience made me feel as if they were rushing us to leave. No rushing was needed, as we weren't all that thrilled and didn't feel the need to stay any longer than necessary. I know locals are thrilled and probably have had very different experiences, but I personally have no plans to visit Lee's again. I can find stellar Mongolian BBQ closer, with the option to eat as much as I want for a better price.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank WonderWoman1975
Ogden, Utah
“Edible, but not the best.”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Amazing service! They go out of their way to accommodate you! Although, not many choices on the veggies or sauces. I'm a huge Mongolian BBQ fan from out of state and although I found the food tasty, I was disappointed with the lack of selection. I'd eat there again, but in my head I'd have to think of it as just a noodle restaurant vs. MONGOLIAN BBQ. My husband said for the price...due to lack of selection, he won't eat there again. My daughter loved it, so I guess next time it will just be me and my daughter.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Megalast
Dallas, TX
“Great Mongolian! Come hungry!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Tried Lee's for the first time and really enjoyed it. If you've never been to a Mongolian BBQ here's how it goes- you load up a bowl with your choice of meats, veggies, noodles, and sauces, and the chef cooks it on a super hot grill. This place has all you can eat options, but a single bowl is a pretty serious quantity of food! Good service and atmosphere.
I had previously only been to chain Mongolian restaurants like Genghis Grill, and here are my observations. The chains have more items to choose from in making your bowl, but for whatever reason (quality, freshness) Lee's just tastes better than those places. Plus it has that unique charm that only a hole in the wall can offer. I hope to go back soon!

• Visited June 2012