“Amazing time!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We got there and had to wait..so we started with an ice cream appetizer! The food was wonderful and the service was excellent. The waiter even gave me a recipe for fry sauce! We had the Irish stew special and it was delicious. I would highly recommend this place for anyone visiting Ogden. Thanks for great food and times! I do recommend getting the restaurant.com coupon for large groups.

Reviewed June 14, 2010

Very casual fun spot on the Ogden River. Food was very good and service was great. Lots of outdoor tables right on the River and it can get cool so bring a jacket or sweater. We just had sandwiches but you can get a Bison Rib-Eye dinner if you want.

1  Thank ghself
Reviewed February 13, 2010

The Oaks is a quaint inexpensive little restaurant in the Ogden Canyon. The kitchen is small so if you go during standard dining times, expect a long wait.

During the spring, summer or fall, if you get there early or in between times, you can enjoy the outdoor patio which over looks the river.

Their breakfast menu is by far their best offering. The rest of the menu is your basic middle of the road items; hamburgers, cheap stake, etc.

To sum it up, I'd say it's a Denny's with a view.

Reviewed June 27, 2009

Ok so the food is not fabulous, but I love taking out of towners to this place because the outside tables are right on the riverfront. It is so relaxing hearing the water flowing, and it is usually pleasant outside. I think there are umbrellas for the sun - but wear sunscreen, and be careful with the kids because it is kind of like a wide picket fence between you and the river. The food is ok, I think the sides are potato chips, nothing fancy, but the meals are around $7 a plate so I don't feel too jipped. But it is a fun place to go for lunch. There is sometimes a half hour wait since everyone wants the best seats and it is kind of popular, but it is worth it to get a great spot. I wouldn't go in the winter...

1  Thank jeanettero
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 19, 2007

Way to expensive for what little food you get

6  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook