“Best Calzones, LOVE their creamy white sauce!”

LA Ferrovia Ristorante
Ranked #40 of 366 Restaurants in Ogden
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Utah
“Best Calzones, LOVE their creamy white sauce!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We frequently eat at La Ferrovia and have loved everything we've tried. They have a great menu including pasta, pizza, calzones etc. but they also have a low-carb menu that my gluten-intolerant husband can enjoy as well! Love the food, the atmosphere and the service.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank LuvUtah

Ogden, Utah
“Great Authentic Italian!”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I agree with other reviewers who stated they didn't taste food this good while in Italy. My wife and I are of the opinion that the best food always causes you to "make noise" when you taste it, and there are several items items on the menu that I dare you to try without a moan of delight. I am partial to the Halibut which is always grilled to perfection and comes with a side of white pasta. My wife loves the Eggplant Parmisian. If you're feeling particularly hungry try the Chef's Combo which comes with a beef cutlet and three different types of pasta.

La Ferrovia is also very kid friendly and one of my children's favorite restaurants. My younger children always put away the white pasta like they haven't eaten in months and my older children love the meatball sandwiches.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank Tim L
Ogden, Utah
“Excellent italian food”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My friends, family and I have been frequenting La Ferrovia for years. I love the casual atmosphere. Many of the buildings on 25th street are very interesting and old. It is family-owned. The owner is a a very pleasant woman from Italy. My favorite dish is the spinach calzone and the salad with house dressing. Their red and white sauces are wonderful. You can't go wrong at this restaurant!!

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank choosecarefully
Portland, OR
“Delicious food and great service”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We ate here prior to the Ogden marathon. It was close to our hotel, and highly recommended by a friend in the area. We got take-out to beat the pre-race craziness. The food was really incredible. Definitely I will return for more delicious food.

Visited May 2012
6 Thank markandjill7
Ogden
“Awesome!!!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This place is the best Italian restrauant you will find in northern utah. it is authentic italian food and you can even speak italian with the owner since she is from Italy. So fun and very family friendly. the food is mouthwatering and the prices are even better.. be prepared to go hungry or take a togo box home with you since the portions are amazing! we luv it here!!

• Visited April 2012