“Great Food and Atmosphere”

Rooster's 25th Street Brewing Company
Ranked #8 of 387 Restaurants in Ogden
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wall Ave
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Love the food and am always satisfied each time I visit. The daily specials are always delicious, as is the fresh-brewed rootbeer! I enjoy sitting outside on the patio in the summer and the upstairs is also nice for winter.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We visit Roosters at least once or more a month with 8 to 12 people on Sunday morning service is normally good food good. If on site manager is on site he is nasty and a complete jerk this would be a top restruant with a more social manager.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I really like to go to Roosters when you can sit outside. They have a covered patio but it is very noisy and echoes. If going during the winter ask to sit upstairs. It is much quieter and you can hear you conversation. The food is great. I have probably eaten most things on the menu and have never been disappointed in my choices. I like Kim's capellini as well as the fish and chips. It is one of my favorite places to eat in Ogden.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

They have a great patio and the food was good, but the service was a bit on the green side. I will definitely go back!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I live in Ogden and have been to Roosters four times in the past two years. Roosters is a local brewery, but it's much more of a restaurant than a place to get a drink. The beer is good, though not quite as well known as breweries like Epic, Squatters, and Wasatch. There is a lovely patio open spring through fall.

The menu has a good variety with something for everyone. The fish tacos are great! When I went there for lunch with two other people one day, service was very slow. Even though we were ready to order right away, lunch took over an hour start to finish. Other times, service is quite fast.

My biggest issue with Roosters is that most of the staff view it as only a restaurant when it is promoted as a place to hang out, get a drink, etc. Several times, I have been in small or large groups that have been rushed or received rude service. The most disappointing visit I had was related to this issue. About 20 teachers decided to go to Roosters for a snack and a drink before attending a mandatory event. We were not looking to camp out at a table and order minimal items like some large groups. We were seated on the second floor. People in the group ordered a range of things from just drinks to entrees to apps. We were served within about 25 minutes. 15 minutes later, our server told us we had to cash out and leave because another big group needed the space. People were still eating and some were interested in having one more drink before leaving. We were puzzled: we had been there less than an hour, we were still eating, there were other tables open throughout the restaurant, we were not being rowdy or loud (each person either had no alcohol, one drink, or (in just a few cases) two drinks. I didn't know whether to be insulted or concerned. If there was only a 50 minute window to work with for that space, we never should have been sat there. Or, we should have been given the option of getting several small tables instead of a larger one.

Overall, Roosters is a good place to go for a meal if you're not too picky about service. However, if you're looking to relax and have a few drinks with food in an uncrushed atmosphere, then there are much better places to go in Ogden.