“Delightful Outside Seating Great Food”

Rooster's 25th Street Brewing Company
Ranked #7 of 368 Restaurants in Ogden
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wall Ave
Ogden, Utah
“Delightful Outside Seating Great Food”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

There were four adults and two children in our party when we visited Roosters last Saturday. Every single one of us were thrilled with the quality and quantity of food we were served. From the Marguerita Pizza, to the Ahi Tuna Salad and Black Bean Burger everything was over the top! Personally, I can't wait to go back for another round of that Ahi Tuna Salad! It was pleasant and enjoyable sitting in the atrium Saturday afternoon in spite of the outside temperature being over 80. It was cool and lovely and we would sit there again. Our hubby's enjoyed the beer and the kids were happy with their meals also!

Syracuse, Utah
“Servers can't handle a simple request”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We ordered the fajita pizza and the Sicilian pizza. My husband asked if the pizza had any onions. She said the pico topping was already prepared and they couldn't do anything about that, but she would make sure the kitchen left off the large pieces of onion. Well...the pizza arrived covered in onions. I think the kitchen may have put on extra. We were too hungry and tired to wait for the food to be fixed. My Sicilian pizza listed prosciutto as the first ingredient on the menu. It was the main reason I ordered it. When the pizza arrived it didn't have any prosciutto, but it did have mushrooms. ???? Be prepared to get surprise ingridients on your food. My husband did enjoy the different microbrews and the tasting sampler.

1 Thank Jennifer W
Ogden, Utah
“First terrible meal in 20 years!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This review pains me to write, but tonight's experience was awful. Upon entering, the only options we were given were outside on the patio or the adjacent enclosed room with overhead fans running full-blast. It was very hot and we regret staying. There is an upstairs dining room but everyone was seated downstairs. Our beer was warm - not even a cold glass. I ordered halibut with wasabi butter and mashed potatoes. My husband ordered the salmon grilled. We have had Rooster's halibut and salmon dozens of times and it has always been excellent. We had salads with house dressing and it was as good as always. Our main courses were served just as we finished out salads. My halibut looked good but the wasabi butter was melted and barely there. The fish had been sitting a while and wasn't hot, just lukewarm. The salmon was poached and mushy with no grill marks. Our server took it right back to the kitchen where the cook insisted he had grilled it. She told him to redo it and by the time I finished my meal my husband's salmon came out. It had been poached and then thrown on the grill to make grill marks! Weird consistency and weird taste. The server said the manager discounted the salmon because it wasn't done right. The cook never came out nor did the manager. It wasn't a busy night and there is no excuse other than incompetent management and the cooking sucked. Our poor server was embarrassed that our food was so bad. We told her we have been eating here for 20 years and this was our first bad meal? It was so hot and miserable with the fan blowing hot air on us I just couldn't believe it. Unfortunately this restaurant has gone downhill from what we have experienced in the past. There is another location in Layton that we will go to from now on and hope it is still good.

2 Thank Laura56
SLC
“Great food, bad service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love the food here, but cannot stand the lack of service. The food, beer and atmosphere at roosters are incredible but even after going there a dozen times, I have yet to have even remotely good service. The waiter or waitress are NEVER friendly, fast, attentive, or knowledgeable. It takes them ten minutes to get you a water, another 15 to take your order, 30 minutes plus to get you your food, which is often wrong, and good luck getting any kind of beverage filled. Me and my wife have gone here at least a dozen times because the food is so good you are almost willing to put up with the terrible service, but no more. We have decided to swear off Roosters on 25th for good. Our bellies may be full but we always leave angry about the staff. If the food is all that matters to you then you may like this place, but if bad service rubs you the wrong way then I recommend going somewhere else.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mike G
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good beer and friendly folks”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We attended a wedding event here over the July 4 weekend. The beer is delicious and the food, while appearing to concentrate on "bar stuff," was quite good as well. The staff were universally friendly and helpful. The beer alone makes this restaurant worth a visit. Well done.