“Adorable with Tasy Food but...”
Review of Zephyr Grill

Zephyr Grill
Ranked #191 of 375 Restaurants in Ogden
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I have been the Zephyr Grill a few times after a trip on the Frontrunner. There is an adorable outdoor area and the inside, although a tiny bit cramped, ressembles a diner. Also, what I have had there has never dispointed. However, ever time I go I have to admit that the service was less than friendly. The man behind the counter appears to be bored and any order is almost an inconvenience for him. When I asked him which milkshake was best, he only shrugged. So while I enjoy the ambiance and the food, the lack of pleasant interactions makes me hesitant to return.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Looking for a place to eat after attending a train show at the Ogden Union Station, I figured a restaurant in a former railroad dining car would be the perfect place. I ordered a pulled pork macaroni and cheese sandwich. I hadn't heard of such a sandwich and I was glad to find the folks at The Zephyr Grill did an awesome job. They had a perfect balance of cheese and bbq sauce. I got fries with it which when combined with the sandwich was plenty of food to take care of my appetite. The additional awesome part was the price, it was around $7. I felt I got my moneys worth. The clever combination of mac and cheese with pulled pork made me want to try other menu Items but I was to full. I will definitely try something else on my next visit.

It's a little confusing as to whether one should order food at the counter when first entering or if one should sit at the table and wait for restaurant staff to take your order. I ordered at the counter but while I was there I saw both take place and they seemed to both work fine. The eating space was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend stopping by when your in the area.

2  Thank Dirk9
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Zephyr Grill is located at the Frontrunner Train Station in Ogden, not far off I 15 or I 84 for those traveling through. It is in an old dining car. The service was excellent for lunch and the menu prices were very reasonable. Master Card and Visa are accepted

The restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch only Daily Except Sunday. If you live in Ogden, it is worth trying. If you are traveling on either I 15 or I 84, put in the address in your GPS and take the short detour for a different lunch atmosphere. It will only cost you about 2 miles off the Interstate in total.

It is a great place for kids. It will probably get them to want to ride the Frontrunner train which starts in Ogden and runs south 80 miles to Provo, UT.

We were traveling from Chicago to San Diego following the Union Pacific Railroad and found this find for lunch. There is no bar or outdoor seating. For a railroad enthusiast, it is great with views of the Frontrunner and the Union Pacific trains.