Mount Ogden Via Ferrata
Ranked #2 of 8 Tours in Ogden
More attraction details
Owner description: If you can climb a ladder, you can climb the Mount Ogden Via Ferrata! You're always attached to the safety cable. No ropes or knots required. Via Ferrata (Italian for "iron road") is a mountain-climbing method that lets less experienced climbers enjoy views and adrenaline rush usually reserved for elite climbers. Conceived during World War I, via ferrata allowed Italian soldiers from the flatlands to move quickly through the mountains as they fought the Austrians for higher ground. Today there are over 500 via ferrata climbing routes in Europe, enjoyed by locals and tourists alike, ages 8 to 80. The "iron road" is now available in Utah with the Mount Ogden Via Ferrata.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

A group a friends and I took on the Via Ferrata in the winter time and it was an amazing experience. The winter time was a bit more challenging, but in a good way, when we made it to the top you could see Salt Lake and the mountains from all angles. It was a great learning experience and very rewarding once you reach the top and look over what you have just overcome! Our guide was very helpful and we had a group of girls from all skill levels, he made it possible for anyone to enjoy and accomplish this. 100% worth the time and money, wouldn't see Utah any other way.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My first trip to SLC involved a day trek to the Mount Ogden Via Ferrata with a group of 5 friends. What an amazing experience. After some instruction our guide put us all at ease and we set off. It was absolutely thrilling to have both the freedom of climbing a near vertical face and the feeling of security that comes the via ferrata. I definitely found myself in some pretty cool places that I never would have had the courage to climb to otherwise. Can't thank our guide enough for his guiding hand and expert knowledge - will certainly repeat on my next trip out west!