“Not as "high end" as they are trying to be”
Review of Restaurant 1107

Restaurant 1107
Ranked #48 of 374 Restaurants in Ogden
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Had dinner with 5 others on a Saturday night and the place was pretty empty being it was a weekend and very close to the holidays. The atmosphere was ok, nothing fancy and rather plain, although there were beautiful views out the 11th floor window.

Our waitress was new and we won't fault her for that, but perhaps she wasn't trained properly by management? While ordering the steak, she didn't ask how we wanted it done. Also after brining dessert, she dumped a bunch of spoons on the table as if we were in some kind of diner. There were other things, but like I said, perhaps proper training was lacking for a restaurant that is charging upscale prices.

The appetizers were just ok. The salads that came with the entrees were very small. I had the halibut in lemon sauce which was barely warm when it arrived at my table. The fish itself was very salty and the lemon sauce ok. The vegetables and brown rice with nuts and cranberries were very good. Someone in our party had the bacon wrapped filet mignon and said it was excellent, cooked perfect! So far not too bad. It all went downhill at dessert. One of us ordered the lava cake and the rest ordered the lemon creme brûlée. Both of them were lacking. The lava cake had no lava what-so-ever. And the brûlée was nothing like any other brûlée i've ever had before. It tasted like one of those cheesecake box mixes. And the topping was barely torched and not a crispy glaze; you were crunching on large granules of sugar. Very unappetizing and disappointing. There was an older woman on the floor and as she was walking by, I asked her if the lava cake should have lava. She defensivly said she had no idea, which surprised me - did she work here or what?? It was really in the manner in which she said it, as if she wasn't concerned. Apparently, she checked and came back and said that the cake should have lava, but it must have been overcooked. When I mentioned that it looked like it didn't have any chocolate in the middle at all, she said "the chef is my husband and wouldn't lie" then stormed off. When the waitress brought our bill, I told her we were very unsatisfied with all of our desserts, she apologized and had them removed from the bill. The older woman came over and asked (again defensively) what was wrong with the creme brûlée. When we told her, she really wasn't interested in listening to any of our constructive criticism, but just about defending it. This woman clearly isn't suited for a customer service job, it was evident all night. She should check out Bistro 258 down the street where I dined for lunch the week prior and had the lava cake that was brilliant, along with the excellent customer service!

2  Thank louupnorth

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Why is there no sign out front!? This is the best food I've eaten in Ogden, or in the greater middle US for that matter. It has very affordable prices, and the views of the town below and mountains surrounding are lovely. But, if I didn't have a reason to go find this place, I would never know it existed! I imagine a LOT of people are missing out on this hidden gem.

1  Thank NKalbermatten
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I had eaten here before at the referral of friends, the food is excellent and very well priced, the waitress was also excellent, we brought our own wine and the final bill came to around $65. The city and mountain views are great, the only thing that is off is the place was almost empty at 7 pm on a Friday night. Located on the 11th floor of the Ben Lomand hotel, it is a secret from anyone who does not know it is already there. There was a waitress and the chef, no other staff, and 8 people came in, looked around and left while we were there dining, had their been a hostess stationed to greet them, I think some of them would have stayed, if this place doesn't figure out how to get their name out there soon they will be no more, if they had a hostess I would have given them 5 stars, I highly recommend restaurant 1107

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I was staying with my friend at Ben Lomond hotel near Thanks giving time. Being strictly vegetarian we were facing some challenges in choice of food. The chef at 1107 prepared us one of the best pure veg dishes and treated us in a very very nice way....the waitress and the chef's hospitality was at its best ...you don't get that at most of the places.

2  Thank Babar M
Reviewed October 13, 2013

What a wonderful dining experience. The atmosphere was lovely-- very clean, beautiful views of the mountains, vioinist playing, nice and efficient wait staff. The food was great. The Cream of Carrot soup was so-o-o-o delicious. It was so nice to have fine dining and yet the prices were very reasonable-- not more than any of the loud and rushed steak houses in the Ogden area. What a nice surprise. I hope others will give this restaurant a try.