“Fills a Special Niche in the Community”

Treehouse Children's Museum
Ranked #3 of 43 things to do in Ogden
More attraction details
Owner description: Open since 1992, Treehouse Museum is a hands-on children's museum focused on children's literature and the arts. With dozens of beautiful exhibits and award-winning daily programs Treehouse is truly the magical place where children and families can "Step into a Story."
Ogden, Utah
“Fills a Special Niche in the Community”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This literacy, arts, and imagination based children's museum is unlike anything I've ever been to. It doesn't have the usual science activities that most children's museums have. It has many levels of creative play for a wide range of ages. There are so many open ended activites. I've gone with my own child who is two and other's children who are eight and they both love it. It's clean and inviting. The original areas are so authentic, it doesn't have a store bough feel at all. My son would go there everyday if I let him. And there are lots of extra activities going on all the time from toddler time to knight at the museum. And it's right by "The Junction" that has tons of things like a movie theater, bowling, a gym, shops, and restraunts (Sonora Grill is a great one to try) so if your family has big kids and little kids there are things for everyone near by.

Visited January 2012

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

This museum looks good from the outside, but was a major let down once we entered. Luckily, our entry was free as it was military appreciation month, which was the only positive about this place. There was a train table (similar to ones you see at doctors or dentists offices), a little area with different little houses that are supposed to represent different countries, an area that looks like the Oval Office, and a couple of instruments and dolls scattered on the floor. I don't know what it is about northern Utah but everything for children is a disappointment and done on a small scale. I think it took us about 15 minutes For our children to see and do everything that this museum had to offer. When I compare it to many other kids museums I have been to, it's a joke. Apparently, the museum offers some kids activities/classes, and maybe those are good, but nothing was being offered when I was there so I can't say. People that think this place is good need to visit some museums in London, New York and other parts of the world and compare. There are so many children and big families living here and not enough for them to do!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Claire784
Ogden, Utah
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great learning activities”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

The Children's Museum in Ogden is really something to see. It is a great place for the young and the young at heart. Each month they have celebrations of something different. For New Years they had a count down to 12...12 o'clock noon! Such a fun place.

Visited October 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Lots of Fun for Young Families”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We live near this museum and I have taken my children (ages 7 and 5) here since my older child was a toddler, though we haven't been back much since she started school. The building is fairly new and there are lots of different themed play areas for kids to explore. Beware if you have more than one child because it's easy to lose one. However, once my older child became familiar enough with the museum, I felt comfortable letting her go where she wanted and check in with me from time to time. The museum doesn't admit any adults without children. One of the first things you'll run into are the train tables and some kids need go no further. My kids loved the music area where they could try lots of different drums and chimes. There are places to build things and read stories and dress up and make art projects.

This museum is part of The Junction in downtown Ogden, which also includes the Salomon Center, a movie theater, retaurants and Fat Cats (bowling, mini golf, arcade). It is also within walking distance of Historic 25th Street and Union Station, so it could easily be part of a day of family fun in downtown Ogden.

I think that this museum is more fun for younger kids (toddler to mid-elementary) than older kids (older elementary-Jr. High). I think that the Discovery Gateway children's museum in Salt Lake City is better for older kids because it has more career and science exhibits, while the Treehouse museum has more of a storybook theme.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank alaypath
Alaska
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Fun place”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We had fun there with our 19 mo. old grandson, the tree house kept him busy for a long time.

Visited December 2011