“Cleanliness affects comfort”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Ogden

Super 8 Ogden
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Ogden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
BELLINGHAM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've stayed at this Super 8 in the past and had repeated good experiences over the years, but I was away for 3 or 4 years and this location has gone down in service and cleanliness. The carpets in the lobby, hall and room were very much in need of a deep cleaning, they just looked gross. The young man who was the early evening front desk staff was more interested in telling me how tired he was then helping me. He did the minimum and then was dismissive and uninterested to the point that when I had trouble connecting to the Internet, I didn't bother him because he was just so dismissive and provided no customer service ability. However, the bed was comfortable and it was fairly quiet as this hotel does not seem to get that much traffic (people staying there). I left early in the morning around 530 am and asked the graveyard front desk staff if there was any coffee made. He said there was coffee 24 hours a day in the breakfast room but when I asked him when it was made (his shift started at 11 PM per the previous workers complaints as to when he got off shift) he didn't know and couldn't make a guess which told me not on his shift so I passed and went elsewhere for my coffee. This young man was much more pleasant than the night time worker earlier and although it clearly didn't occur to him at the moment to get up and make some fresh coffee, by the time I was packed up and leaving which was closer to 6 am he was in the breakfast room apparently making coffee. Overall my experience was not good and I don't plan to ever return to this place again given primarily the poor level of customer service by the evening desk worker. To be fair the hotel wasn't very clean but it wasn't filthy either. However, for the price I felt like I was staying at a run down motel 6 charging for a pride of the super 8 price. I will be looking for a different place to stay next time I pass through Ogden.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank S G
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Father n law booked res. thru 3rd party & requested bottom floor because he has a hard time walking. We got there a little early on Thanksgiving Day. We had a flat tire (looking for a tire repair shop) young kids and it was hot, so we asked if we could chk in a little early & told no because we booked thru a 3rd party. My father n law did not get the bottom floor and in order to change rooms the manager said he would have to charge him more ($$) the motel only had total of 12 cars (2 ours) def had plenty of rooms for a switch. My father n law had a difficult time going up/down stairs. My kids went to get ice & manager yelled at them threatened to have parents kicked out. My kids did run in hallway but it was not his place to tell or threatened them. He shld have called parents if there was a problem. The kids were not destructive/nuisance. Also motel reeked of smoke. Not very clean, cld have been better. Long black strand if hair found on clean towel. Bathroom sink dirty and plug in bathroom did not work. Breakfast was okay.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank KLAx2

Travelers are raving about these Ogden hotels