“Gross.”

Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
boulder, co
“Gross.”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stayed in a terrific Super 8 in Baker City - never crossed my mind this would be so gross here in Ogden. I got my room, and didn't come in - headed to have dinner out while still light. (Blimpy's or Denny's are the only choices) After dinner, very tired after 2 days of driving, slogged my stuff in (took 2 trips). THEN I looked around a little, but not much. Sat down to do some work at the computer. Later I looked in the bathroom - gross! Mildew on the walls, black crud on the edges of the strips in the tub, a dime-sized hole in the size of the tub, the toilet seat had missing paint, the window doesn't lock (I'm on the first floor) but hey, good news - there's a dowel in the window, which coincidentally has a crack the complete way down - not to worry, though - it's double paned! I realize this isn't the Ritz, but the furniture has to be the tackiest I've seen - compared to what I found it Baker City - I can't believe these places both have the same name. The shower curtain rod was apparently recently installed, and it's been repaired, but not painted over. The towels look like something left over from World War II. (Seriously, the one last night had 3 nice towels, plus 3 hand towels, folded beautifully, etc.) This place - the towels looked like one step away from being rags. Last night - shampoo and conditioner - today only shampoo, but a foil packet of hand lotion - that'll work great on my hair! As I walked down the hall back to my room passing the other no smoking rooms where smoke was puffing out under the door, and where on the other side a lady has 3 dogs in her room that bark (and I like dogs-but 3 medium to large sized dogs?? I guess they have to stay somewhere!) AAA says I should have checked the number of stars, not just the fact that it's AAA rated. I know now! I'm too tired to move everything, otherwise I would change motels.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank travlingmermaid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Asheville, NC
Reviewed August 28, 2011

After a long drive from JacksonWY we decided a quick bite and site see of Ogden. Ending our 10 days out west in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Since our trip started, we stayed in a Super 8 in Logan UT on the way up and had a nice experience, so after our stays in both National Parks and our last night before catching our flight home the next day we decided on Super 8 in Ogden. Well that is where the trouble began. It has been a hot few days with temps in the upper 90's, We check in ask if there is rooms on first floor told no, so we take the second floor lug our luggage up to pack for our trip home. The three of us, tired and working on getting rental car ready to return, bags packed etc we felt the stale hot air in the hall of the motel enteted our room it was very hot! We quickly turned on the AC, and waited to feel it cool down. When it did not, we contacted the desk and asked them to move us, they, refused. The came and said give it time, and to let them know if it does mot cool. We were hot tired had plenty to do before our early morning flight, and we were in a Hot house! Both members of my party went down only to get we are working on it. I reached my boiling temp! and headed to the front desk. I find the young girl and her manager staring at the computer like they had a packed place! When in a breif outside glance you cpuld tell the place was nowhere near full. I have to complain and exclaim how either we get a new room or we are OUT OF THERE! They decide then to quit the game, and give us a new room on the ground floor! The ac worked, but the staff here had already set the tone for this experience, and it was not good. I would stay! Far! Far! Very far! Away from this nasty hot mess of a Motel.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank NCsleepy

Travelers are raving about these Ogden hotels

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I stayed here for a night during part of a long road trip. The room and bathroom were clean, internet worked fine, and the breakfast was great. The furniture was pretty nice, and there was a fridge and microwave as well. I was actually a bit impressed with the room considering it was a Super 8... half of the rooms have a pretty nice view of mountains.

The downside is that the location is not great... it is located behind a gas station and good restaurants and shopping are about 2 miles away by highway... it seemed safe enough for a one night stay, but I was not thrilled about pulling up there the first time. The price made it worthwhile. The trip to SLC is about 30 minutes by car.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank natl_parker
Washougal, Washington
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We were traveling. This was the fourth hotle we looket in to for price. It was to much but we were tired. So we payed in cash went to are room and the tv wasent working so we ask for another room and as soon as we walkt in that room it smelled so bad and am pretty sure they new it smelled because the fan was on so we really wanted to leave and find a different place but they couldnt give are money back so pretty much they to adviantage of me and we stayed in the room with no tv, they never gave us a price reduction and the manager never called us about it. The ladie that was working was very interseded in helping us find a better room..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank melindazumwalt
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We were too tired to make it to Salt Lake on that evening. The receptionist was very nice and helpful, the price (80$) sounded ok at first sight, but the motel and the rooms really stunk. Not very impressed by the very average and frugal breakfast either.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Westbank B.c.
Reviewed March 21, 2010

horrible room, smoke filled , single bedroom but a queen jammed in all furniture pushed aside 6 inch space on one side of the bed.
poor maintenance of building.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
WA
Reviewed February 27, 2010

The staff was friendly enough and the view of the mountains was spectacular but the good things ended there. As soon as we entered the hallway there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke. Our room was extremely small and run down. There was only two towels in the bathroom for two people. The tub was chipped and very old looking. The bed was the worst part. It was probably the most uncomfortable bed I've slept in in my life. It was so bad that my husband admitted to his cot in Iraq being more comfortable than the bed. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple