“Does the Job for One Night”

Motel 6 Ogden 21st Street
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family and myself stayed one night at this motel after arriving late at night in Salt Lake, and the next morning we were up bright and early to leave for the Grand Tetons. What you can expect is exactly what you pay for. You will be just barely sure that things are clean and the coffee in the morning is nothing to brag about.

If you just need a place to rest your head on your way through town, this place will do. However if your planning on spending more than one night, go ahead and spend a couple more bucks for a different hotel.

Special Note: I don't recall there being any elevator being available. If you need wheelchair access make sure you get a first floor room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank maxine l
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Ogden 21st Street

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Traveling with 3 dogs to ski for 3 days up at Powder Mountain (Eden, UT) we stayed at this Motel 6 for the entire duration of our stay. We were perfectly satisfied with our stay. The money paid for the location (25 mins to the mountain), no pet fee, comfortable beds, hot shower and a great heater to thaw out from our days on the slopes. The hotel itself could use some updates, however for the most part it was clean/tidy. It's location in Ogden is conveniently located to food/gas/banks etc. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisanichols20
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I were traveling with a party of Bird watchers/Photographers from the UK. We were visiting Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. All the bookings were prearranged with the Uk agent, so I have no idea of cost or value for money etc.

Our first stop at a motel after traveling for 24hrs with no sleep. Unlike my other reviews I failed to take notes with being so tired, but I'm trying to be as accurate and fare as possible.

My first impression was that the now called motel 6 was clean and basic. 2 double beds, a fridge and microwave. I would have welcomed a hairdrier, but there didn't appear to be one.

We 'dined' with our group at Denny's? ( I may have the name wrong) which was just a couple of minutes walk across a truck parking area. Our first experience of a US Diner. Again very basic, but very pleasant staff and the the food was plentiful and tasted OK.

When we finally got to bed and I turned back the bed cover, I found that the sheets were thin and really old looking. More importantly, I found 3 black hairs in my bed. I have white hair! Perhaps the maid had long black hair? but my first thought was: these sheets have not been changed since the last folk used the bed! I really don't know which was the case, but I found it very off putting to say the least. I should have made a fuss about it, but it was late and we were dog tired.

We got very little sleep. We appeared to be in the middle of a truck stop going by the noise and we also kept hearing the hoot from what we assumed was a train passing through. It certainly wasn't an Owl!

The next morning at breakfast, our travel guide said that he had already complained about the standard of the Motel to his boss in the UK and had decided to find an alternative hotel for our return journey to Ogden at the end of our holiday. He had stayed here on a previous trip and found it very good. Unfortunately it appeared to have changed hands to Motel 6, since his last visit.

I assume that this is a low budget Motel and may well be good value for money. It may be ideal for truck drivers who want to arrive and leave at all hours of the night. If you decide to stay here you will need earplugs and check the beds to make sure they are clean before you actually turn in for the night.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the truck stop. Check the beds are clean before you turn in for the nig...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne H
Reviewed December 12, 2010

For the price this is a great place to stay, the rooms are always clean, the beds are ok.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank outacal
crystalstar9, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Ogden 21st Street, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2011

Thanks for your response. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of our great value. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2010

Used a coupon from the hotel travel book to get the $54.95 rate. The motel was ok, next to a travel center truck stop so it could be a bit loud at times and right off the highway. Microwave, frig and adequate room. Nothing fancy and least expensive in the area. Continental breakfast with waffels and VCR or DVD player in the room and movies to rent for $2. at the front desk. Wifi available. I went to get ice and the light was out in the ice machine room, because there was water in the corridor I slipped and sprained my ankle in the middle of my hiking trip. I went to the front desk to tell them about it and the two YOUNG people (maybe 20 yrs old), didn't even say a word (not a we'll take care of it or can I get you some ice or recommend a clinic) when I told them they needed to replace the light and that I had hurt myself. When I checked out and reminded them about the light once again you would have thought I was talking to someone who could not speak. Only a couple of restaurants around this area (McDonalds close). OK for a one night stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Gumbylives10
Reviewed July 16, 2009

We just stayed at the Best Rest Inn in Ogden, Utah. Our room was noisy as this hotel is located in a quasi industrial area. The only time we did not hear the freeway or other noises(planes and trains) was when the A/C was on. However, the A/C was noisy and we had to turn it off to sleep. My suggestion is..bring ear plugs.
Con:
short on electrical outlets. To use my computer I had to use a plug behind the television cabinet which took me a while to get to. It was either that or use the computer at the sink counter.
There was a work table with two straight back wooden chairs..no comfortable chairs. Wouldn't you think that two padded chairs and a table would be nice?
Noise

Pro:
Microwave
Fridge
Basic breakfast
Pool
Close to McDonalds, Country Market and petro stations.
Close to Dinosaur Park and the Hill Air Museum is not too far away.
We loved Dinosaur Park as did the grandkids.
Suggestion: obtain one of those free coupon books that are often found at restaurants and get this room for less then what we paid. Another suggestion is not to book this through one of the online services for if you complain about the cost of the room which was 23 dollars more then the coupon book offers, you have to deal with the online agencies customer service. My husband tired to get some satisfaction but the cell phone died because they took so long to assist us.
I would have gladly paid a few dollars more and gone on down to the Best Western or Comfort Inns which are newer had I known what awaited me.
Our stay was for one night.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GraciousStreet
Reviewed September 20, 2008

We drove up AAA card in hand at the end of a day of traveling by car with no advance reservations. The room was comfortable, quiet, clean, and under $50.00 for 3 adults. Next morning they had a breakfast room where you could prepare some food. The highlight was cooking your own waffles. They also supplied cereals, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juices, and 3-4 types of bread and 2 types of bagels for eating "as is" or toasting. An employee or manager was also available to assist your preparations and greet you to the new day with a cheerful smile.

We had left on our travels at the end of August and we stayed here one night on September 11th evening. This was by far the best one night stay.

This location is convenient to the I #15 just north of Salt lake City.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)