Twice daily shuttles leave each morning for Powder Mountain and Snowbasin. For four days straight they were extremely punctual, and they headed directly to the mountain aside from a pickup or two at nearby hotels. Friendly drivers. Definitely did not miss having a car.
Meals weren't a problem because breakfast was provided each morning (eggs, meat, potatoes + continental) and bars/restaurants were a block or two away. Town fit the bill, though one shouldn't expect a "ski town" (e.g. t-shirt shops, high end boutiques). Besides a couple blocks between the hotel and the train station, Ogden bars and restaurants are pretty local and there was the occasional impoverished person at street corners.
Executive suite was nice, clean, spacious. Reliable internet. Staff was friendly and helpful. Access to skiing on par with other places in Utah.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in Utah's second oldest hotel. It is rich in history including the gambling, extortion, bootlegging and corrupt cops. Step back in time and have the Grand Dame of Ogden welcome you. Just like Mae West in the 20s and 30s, the Historic Ben Lomond Suites ran the city. She was big and boisterous and ran the town her way. The Ben Lomond is the only all suite hotel located in downtown Ogden. Ben Lomond Suites is located in the epicenter of Ogden. All within walking distance of numerous independent restaurants and bars, shopping, night life, theaters, Ogden Eccles Conference Center, Ogden Amphitheater, Egyptian Theater, Salomon Center. All rooms are suites with microwave, fridges. Rooms are larger than a standard hotel with separate living rooms and bedrooms. Free wireless internet, and free covered parking. Ben Lomond Hotel has a business center, fitness center, and coin operated guest laundry. Ben Lomond Hotel also has 6 event spaces that have capacities of 25 to 350 guests. Ben Lomond Hotel has two great restaurants and a bar. Breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as room service are available daily at the hotel's on-site restaurant, The Bigelow Grill. Fine evening dining can be found at Restaurant 1107 located on the hotel's 11th floor. Come and enjoy Ogden's history and find out why Al Capone said, "Ogden is too rough a town for me!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ben Lomond Historic Suite
- Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel Ogden, Utah