Ben Lomond has to be the worst hotel I ever stayed in my trips both business and personal. The hotel room was dirty and the furnitures had stains all over it. The bed sheets had holes and were smelly. The amenities such as hair dryer came off the wall not working as well as the coffee maker and the microwave. The kicker was the hotel has ghost that lived there for nearly 90 years on the 11th floor which does not get booked. This place is considered a historical hotel with the Department of InFerior (Interior), but it is just old and run down. I would never want to stay here ever again and I did not get any sleep at night with all the noises. HORRIBLE hotel and horrible trip to Ogden.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in Utah's second oldest hotel. It is rich in history including the gambling, extortion, bootlegging and corrupt cops. Step back in time and have the Grand Dame of Ogden welcome you. Just like Mae West in the 20s and 30s, the Historic Ben Lomond Suites ran the city. She was big and boisterous and ran the town her way. The Ben Lomond is the only all suite hotel located in downtown Ogden. Ben Lomond Suites is located in the epicenter of Ogden. All within walking distance of numerous independent restaurants and bars, shopping, night life, theaters, Ogden Eccles Conference Center, Ogden Amphitheater, Egyptian Theater, Salomon Center. All rooms are suites with microwave, fridges. Rooms are larger than a standard hotel with separate living rooms and bedrooms. Free wireless internet, and free covered parking. Ben Lomond Hotel has a business center, fitness center, and coin operated guest laundry. Ben Lomond Hotel also has 6 event spaces that have capacities of 25 to 350 guests. Ben Lomond Hotel has two great restaurants and a bar. Breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as room service are available daily at the hotel's on-site restaurant, The Bigelow Grill. Fine evening dining can be found at Restaurant 1107 located on the hotel's 11th floor. Come and enjoy Ogden's history and find out why Al Capone said, "Ogden is too rough a town for me!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ben Lomond Historic Suite
- Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel Ogden, Utah