Although I could have chosen the Hilton or some other chain hotel in the Ogden area, I was fortunate when I chose the Ben Lomond, instead. It was happy surprise. Despite the place being really quiet during the Christmas holiday, it was charming and decorated for the holidays in a really lovely way. Right on the corner of the historic 25th strip, the hotel overlooked the singular most amazing display of small-town holiday lighting I have ever seen. (Ogden townfolk: You are astonishing!).
The hotel had convenient parking, much of it in-doors. The room was immense, the staff was courteous and thoughtful, and the location to Snowbasin was only about 20 mins.
I stayed there with my daughter who absolutely loved the old charm of this historic hotel and said that she felt "charmed" to have the Ben Lomond be our accommodation at the end of what was a perfect day of skiing. Although it would have been nice to catch a post-ski hot-tub, I couldn't have been happier with this place. Incredible value and experience. Will not go anywhere else when skiing in the Ogden area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in Utah's second oldest hotel. It is rich in history including the gambling, extortion, bootlegging and corrupt cops. Step back in time and have the Grand Dame of Ogden welcome you. Just like Mae West in the 20s and 30s, the Historic Ben Lomond Suites ran the city. She was big and boisterous and ran the town her way. The Ben Lomond is the only all suite hotel located in downtown Ogden. Ben Lomond Suites is located in the epicenter of Ogden. All within walking distance of numerous independent restaurants and bars, shopping, night life, theaters, Ogden Eccles Conference Center, Ogden Amphitheater, Egyptian Theater, Salomon Center. All rooms are suites with microwave, fridges. Rooms are larger than a standard hotel with separate living rooms and bedrooms. Free wireless internet, and free covered parking. Ben Lomond Hotel has a business center, fitness center, and coin operated guest laundry. Ben Lomond Hotel also has 6 event spaces that have capacities of 25 to 350 guests. Ben Lomond Hotel has two great restaurants and a bar. Breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as room service are available daily at the hotel's on-site restaurant, The Bigelow Grill. Fine evening dining can be found at Restaurant 1107 located on the hotel's 11th floor. Come and enjoy Ogden's history and find out why Al Capone said, "Ogden is too rough a town for me!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ben Lomond Historic Suite
- Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel Ogden, Utah