I make occasional trips to Ogden, and love staying at the Ben Lomond Hotel. I love the old-timey feel of this grand old dame, built in the late 1920s, I believe. The prices are right, the beds are comfy, and they even play (softly) 1930s and '40s swing band tunes in the corridors. Get a corner suite and enjoy the view of Ogden's Washington Blvd. You can see down a hugely revitalized 25th Street to the Union Pacific depot/museum at the end. There's a nice little restaurant on the top floor, with more great views, a pleasant Irish pub on the main floor, also with good food. It's fun to be smack-dab downtown, too. Breakfast is enjoyable. The scrambled eggs with cheese are always good, and I love the bacon. This is how hotels are 'spozed to be. (And the front desk folks are helpful.) It's a quiet hotel; at least I've never noticed any rowdy customers. What a grand place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in Utah's second oldest hotel. It is rich in history including the gambling, extortion, bootlegging and corrupt cops. Step back in time and have the Grand Dame of Ogden welcome you. Just like Mae West in the 20s and 30s, the Historic Ben Lomond Suites ran the city. She was big and boisterous and ran the town her way. The Ben Lomond is the only all suite hotel located in downtown Ogden. Ben Lomond Suites is located in the epicenter of Ogden. All within walking distance of numerous independent restaurants and bars, shopping, night life, theaters, Ogden Eccles Conference Center, Ogden Amphitheater, Egyptian Theater, Salomon Center. All rooms are suites with microwave, fridges. Rooms are larger than a standard hotel with separate living rooms and bedrooms. Free wireless internet, and free covered parking. Ben Lomond Hotel has a business center, fitness center, and coin operated guest laundry. Ben Lomond Hotel also has 6 event spaces that have capacities of 25 to 350 guests. Ben Lomond Hotel has two great restaurants and a bar. Breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as room service are available daily at the hotel's on-site restaurant, The Bigelow Grill. Fine evening dining can be found at Restaurant 1107 located on the hotel's 11th floor. Come and enjoy Ogden's history and find out why Al Capone said, "Ogden is too rough a town for me!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bigelow Hotel and Residences, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ben Lomond Historic Suite
- Bigelow Hotel And Residences, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member Ogden, Utah