Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Greetings Travelers:
I would like to say that the Ben Lomond Suites in Ogden, Utah are impressing. I arrive to Hotel this July
2012. As soon I went to the front desk I was receive with beautiful smile from Lashelle Mann at the Front desk. She welcomes me to the hotel and as soon as possible she accommodate me in one of the most elegant room I have stay in my life as a traveler, believe me you will find out. My room 301 is great for a couple and also for somebody like me that came in a business trip it has a home felling in it. So if you want to find peacefulness and relax you self this is the place to stay. Too bad a dint came with my wife. I most definitely will return to the Ben Lomond hopefully in winter season.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for the nice review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay in July. Hopefully you and your wife can visit us this winter for a snow ski trip. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review.

There are newer reviews for Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Travelling SW USA by motorcycle, we often avoid larger cities in favour of smaller ones with some history or character. Not knowing anything about Ogden, Utah and seeing pics of Ben Lomond Hotel we were relying on other tripadvisor member ratings to guide us in our decision. We weren't disappointed! The room was very clean & absolutely huge. We were very surprised that a buffet breakfast also came with the room and it was excellent. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Oh, and we should mention that we had the best sleep of our trip so far here - super comfy bed & pillows! Plus - what hotel has a guest laundry? We made good use of it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mynemesis57
StayBenLomondSuites, Owner at Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed breakfast and slept well, we strive to help our guests start the day off right with a good night's rest and a tasty breakfast. Our guest laundry is definitely helpful on long trips when you can't pack a change of clothes for every day of the trip. We hope the rest of your SW USA motorcycle trip is fun and safe and you come back and visit us again soon.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I am currently staying at the Ben Lomond Suites and it is amazing. I travel a lot for my job and its always a blessing when a hotel has personal touches and character that make it feel more like home then just a place to sleep. The room is very spacious and clean. The bed is very comfortable. I love the anitique look of the furniture. The front lobby is imaculate. It could rival some resorts that I have stayed in. The staff is very friendly. One of the details that I absolutly love is the basket of towels next to the sink that says "I'm just a little cleaning rag, no longer very white. I'm here to do your dirty work, and keep my buddies bright." I wish more hotels did this. As a woman I always feel bad when I wash my face and mascera or eyeliner gets on the white towels. At home I would never use white towels for that. Other hotels probably just throw out stained washcloths but the Ben Lomond is giving them a new life and helping the environment.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
StayBenLomondSuites, Owner at Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you are enjoying your stay with us. We are happy you like the little cleaning rags, they are a new addition to our rooms that were thought up by Lili, our head of housekeeping. Lili noticed that guests sometimes need something to clean up a spill or gunk on their shoes and suggested we try the little cleaning rags. We have also recently started a recycling program at the hotel. We do the sorting so our guests do not have to. Every little bit helps to keep the environment nice for the next generation.

Thank you again for you review.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Maybe it was just the super old building, narrow hallways and windows not quite as clear as they used to be that made this stay just kind of blah. Nothing really bad, but nothing really great, either.

The room was clean and VERY large, which was great. Separate seating, sleeping and dressing rooms were very nice to have for sure. The bedding was very cushy and comfortable, too.

Free hot breakfast was adequate, but not great. We ended up walking down the street for a few better options for breakfast. With so many other options in the area, I'd pick something else next time. But this was a great location to stay at for the Ogden Marathon!

Room Tip: Book a larger suite room for the extra space. Well worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
StayBenLomondSuites, Owner at Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Thank you for your review and staying with us for the Ogden Marathon. We are glad you enjoyed our large suites and comfy bedding. If you have ideas you would like to share on how we can make our breakfast great please feel free to email them to us, our email address is on the Ben Lomond Suites website under the contact tab.

We agree Ben Lomond Suites is the place to stay for the Ogden Marathon. Ben Lomond Suites is one block from the finish line and across the street from the runners' shuttle to the start.

We hope you stay with us again so we can wow! you with our friendly service and neat history.

Thank you again, Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

My experience may be jaded and bias. By that I mean I feel more welcomed here than nearly any hotel I've stayed, and I've stayed in many. The staff is incredible!!! The service is amazing! The suite/condo that I'm currently staying is spacious, has excellent views and every amenity necessary to not only make my stay extremely comfortable (jetted tub, kitchenette, awesome closet space, large bathroom, spacious living room, super comfortable bed), but also home like and I'm positive, memorable. If you're in Ogden this place is a MUST!!! Also visit restaurant 1107. Top floor, prices are very reasonable, the views are once again outstanding and the food is fabulous. I've been staying now for 3 weeks and I honestly have not one complaint. TOP NOTCH!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MrCarter2U
StayBenLomondSuites, Owner at Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that our staff is treating you well and you are enjoying your stay. We are also happy that you are enjoying Restaurant 1107. Restaurant 1107 opened about a month ago and features beautiful views of the mountains and downtown and reasonably priced fine dining. Thanks again for letting us know how much you are enjoying your stay.

Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

There is debris all over the surfaces--ie lint on end tables, black mystery chunks on bar. We ordered a roll away because there was no couch, and it came complete with a pillow smeared in mascara and sheets with pubic hairs included. To top it off, there was NO hot water wash with. The fridge has food smeared in it also. Sick! Not even the sink was clean. I am writing this as I am trying to fall asleep while seriously worried about catching a communicable disease. Not happy. I am Hoping that they will Take care of this on my credit card tomorrow morning.

• Stayed: April 2012
StayBenLomondSuites, Owner at Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear Cleanfriek,

We are very distressed to hear of your experience. Your experience does not match with the level of service we provide or the typical feedback we get from our guests. If this type of situation ever happens to you again at any hotel please return to the front desk, or call the front desk, and request another room. It is never our intention to place a guest in a room that is unclean.

Please contact Ben Lomond Suites with your room number and date of stay so we can figure out how you were placed in a room that was not ready for guests and change our procedures to ensure it does not happen again.

Thank you for your review, as it helps us improve our future guests' experiences.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed at the Ben Lomond Suites for a conference that I was attending at Weber State. I was very impressed with many aspects of the hotel. First of all, the building is very elegant and is a historic site in Ogden. The location could not be more central when it comes to being close to the city, with lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance, not too mention the proximity of the train station. They serve complimentary breakfast in the morning, which was always very delicious and attended to by very nice staff. The room we stayed in was comfortable and spacious. I think it's Ogden's best!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeremy B
StayBenLomondSuites, Owner at Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you for the nice review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay during the conference. We will pass on your compliments to the breakfast crew.

We hope you stay with us again soon. Hopefully next time you are in town you will have time to play, you can't beat the snow skiing and hiking here in Ogden.

Thank you again for the review!