My wife and I stayed in room 301 which was a two room corner suite. The suite was quite large and very comfortable with five windows which gave us a view of the city and mountains.The rooms have period furniture, a very comfortable four poster bed, are nicely furnished and very clean. The bath room has a jetted tub. There are TVs in both rooms and the High Speed Wi Fi that actual works.The hotel was built in 1927 and was of the three Grand Hotels built in Utah. This hotel is the only one that is still in use as a hotel. In the 80s the 350 rooms were converted to one and two bed room suites. The lobby and the Grand Ball Room still retain the art deco beauty of the grand hotels of the 20s and 30s with high hand painted ceilings, tall arched windows and marble floors. The hotel is on the National Registry of Historic Places. Mac Cools Pub is located off the lobby. The staff is very friendly and efficient, in fact the manger after giving us a tour of the Grand Ball Room (this is a must see) walked out to our car and helped us with our luggage. A short walk away is the top end of 25th street ( two bit street) with Bars, Restaurants, Art Galleries and misc small shops. Price wise it is the best deal for the money in Ogden. I would recommend the Ben Lomond Suites to our friends or any one that should ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in Utah's second oldest hotel. It is rich in history including the gambling, extortion, bootlegging and corrupt cops. Step back in time and have the Grand Dame of Ogden welcome you. Just like Mae West in the 20s and 30s, the Historic Ben Lomond Suites ran the city. She was big and boisterous and ran the town her way. The Ben Lomond is the only all suite hotel located in downtown Ogden. Ben Lomond Suites is located in the epicenter of Ogden. All within walking distance of numerous independent restaurants and bars, shopping, night life, theaters, Ogden Eccles Conference Center, Ogden Amphitheater, Egyptian Theater, Salomon Center. All rooms are suites with microwave, fridges. Rooms are larger than a standard hotel with separate living rooms and bedrooms. Free wireless internet, and free covered parking. Ben Lomond Hotel has a business center, fitness center, and coin operated guest laundry. Ben Lomond Hotel also has 6 event spaces that have capacities of 25 to 350 guests. Ben Lomond Hotel has two great restaurants and a bar. Breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as room service are available daily at the hotel's on-site restaurant, The Bigelow Grill. Fine evening dining can be found at Restaurant 1107 located on the hotel's 11th floor. Come and enjoy Ogden's history and find out why Al Capone said, "Ogden is too rough a town for me!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ben Lomond Historic Suite
- Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel, An Ascend Collection Hotel Ogden, Utah