“My home away from home”

Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The front desk and the restaurant staff are always welcoming, effective, and efficient. I love a cooked to order breakfast and can get it here. Dinner here is wonderful; the chef and his team create wonderful food that is not the typical HGI menu and I might add, better than most of the surrounding restaurants. I stay always return to firm beds that support my aching back and an immaculately clean room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Leia B
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Leia,

We were delighted by your remarks regarding our restaurant and proud you appreciated the quality of our service.

Thank you again for such generous feedback. We are honored to have earned your trust and will look forward to welcoming you back next week.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I often travel across the country and this was the first time that I stayed in one of my " home town" hotels.
I checked into my room with no problems with my HH number ready. I went up to my single king Standard room dropped my things and headed off property for dinner.
I came back to the room with my food and sat at the desk/table in the corner of the room. I started to notice that the bed look .... Odd. There was an extra pillow stacked on one side and the bed was made but not to the standard I expect in hotels. I soon set off for the restroom. Yes... Towels on the floor and the personal shower items in the shower. The room had not been cleaned.
I notified the front desk. The I assume night manager came to my room with a key to an upgraded room. The customer facing staff was excellent. I am just glad that I wasn't on a heavy travel late arrival schedule where I often go straight to sleep.
I have reservations at another Hilton property at the end of this month. Let's hope the house cleaning manager is more on top if things.

Tim

• Stayed: February 2014
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear tlroberts801 ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We sincerely appreciate the candid feedback you have provided.

While we were pleased aspects of your stay were positive, we are sincerely disheartened as we clearly fell short. Please accept my sincere apologies for the underwhelming impression our hotel has left with. The area we fell short is particularly discouraging for us as we pride ourselves in the cleanliness of this new property. We will take the necessary steps to prevent such issues in the future.

I hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I truly enjoy Hilton Garden Inns. My wife and I were in Ogden due to the Powder Mountain and Solitute Ski Resorts. I found the trip from Salt Lake to Ogden quite far but enjoyed the stay once we settled in the hotel.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Although the hotel had a full house they made the effort of finding me an alternate room assigned which was an odd location with a window facing a wall and roof area. I was changed to a room facing the street.

The hotel was surrounded with restaurants and plenty of paces to visit. During the week, the pricing for this hotel goes up due to business travelers, so you may want to have that in mind when choosing your dates. The parking is odd as you have a long walk to get to the Parking area which can get full pretty quickly. No mayor security, but cameras.

Pros:
- Excellent friendly staff!
- Great Location with plenty of great restaurants & options (close walking distance)
- Great decor and modern well equipped rooms.
- Spacious Lobby
- Private Parking with card access. But open area that is not so well secured.

Cons:
- I found the breakfast option pricey for std. breakfast.

Room Tip: Breakfast - If you have a car, I will recommend Kaffe Mercantile. Is a 5 minute drive and you will...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear RiveraSanchez ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are delighted you enjoyed our accommodations and amenities.

We are especially proud that you recognized and appreciated our staff and their efforts. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and we could not be more please that we were successful in executing this for you.

Thank you again for such high praise. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Ogden is a small city in Utah with some very good restaurants, as it hosts conventions and a large ski population. This January 23, 2014, coming from New York City, we were introduced to some superb new concepts in cuisine, presentation and taste at the Garden Restaurant of the Garden Hilton Hotel by chef Josh Overturf. To mention a few, there was melon caviar, extraordinary crab cakes, a vegetable soup with a most unusual fluffy cream of coconut and spices. Chef Josh is happy to explain it all, and he keeps the price very moderate, as he is most interested in introducing a new cuisine. For us, he succeeded brilliantly. Be sure to talk to him when you are there.

Dear ejgoldman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience at the Garden Grille and Lounge inside the Hilton Garden Inn.

We are delighted to learn of your enjoyable dining experience with regards to the new concepts in cuisine, presentation and taste.

We were especially proud to learn our executive Chef Josh Overturf made such a positive impression and exceeded your expectations. We could not be more proud when members of our team make the difference in our guests stay or dining experience. We will certainly pass along the praise and recognize Chef for his efforts in personalizing your dining experience.

Thank you again for dining with us. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The room was great and the front desk was helpful. However, the room service was lacking. Food was under cooked, was not what the menu said it was, and no silverware was delivered with the meal. Food was to arrive in 30-35 minutes it took almost an hour. Calling to get utensils took an additional 15 minutes. The front desk staff was excellent the next morning in reducing the room rate to make up for the poor experience with room service.

Dear Karen H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are delighted to learn you recognized our front desk staff and comfort of our guest rooms.

I sincerely apologize we fell short regarding the room service experience. I understand this must have been frustrating and is the opposite of what we are striving for. Rest assured our Food and Beverage team has discussed this service lapse and will avoid such issues in the future.

Thank you again for the candid feedback. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had an excellent experience staying at Hilton Garden Inn. The staff from front desk, kitchen to housekeeping were professional and very helpful! A beautiful and convenient location! Will stay again if in the area!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Todd L, Assistant General Manger at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear Laurel P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Hilton Garden Inn.

We are delighted to learn that your experience was enjoyable and were humbled by your kind remarks. I will pass along your gratitude to our team. We strive to provide this level of service to all of our guests.

Assistant General Manger

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here, great staff, great food, just can't say enough good things about it. We had dinner and a drink at the bar and had a great time talking to the bartender. You will not be disappointed at all. We are headed back again soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Thanksforthestay,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are delighted to receive such positive feedback from our guests in our continual efforts toward improving the overall HGI experience.

We are pleased you enjoyed your dining experience at the Garden Grille and Lounge and we are especially proud you recognized and appreciated our team and their efforts.

Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to gain your trust. We will look forward to welcoming you back.