“Work meetings @ Ogden Hilton Garden”

Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed several days at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown Ogden and enjoyed the stay very much. The sales staff Anissa & Carly in catering made sure our meetings went smooth without any problems. They delivered excellent customer service with a smile. Our food offerings from breakfast & lunch were served in a timely fashion and tasted great. I give this location and staff a high rating for being engaged in true customer satisfaction. We would definitely use the facility again. Job well done!

Room Tip: My suite had a great view and the gas fireplace added an extra feel of comfort.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Jerry M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are honored the Ogden Hilton Garden Inn was chosen as host for your meetings.

We are delighted that you recognized our commitment to excellence and especially for recognizing the efforts of our team. I will pass along your praise to our staff. Anissa and Carly will be delighted to know that you have recognized and appreciated their gracious efforts and their execution of a successful group stay.

We are honored to have earned your trust and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

For almost 6 years, I've been trotting the globe for a living. I've stayed in countless hotels. So many there is no way I can recall how many or which ones. Only the ones that really took care of me stand out in my mind. I'm not talking going above basic customer service either where maybe they gave me an extra bottle of water. I'm talking about really making me feel at home and welcome and after 6 years that's only 3 hotels. One of those 3 is the Hilton Garden Inn in Ogden. The hotel itself (rooms, decor, etc) is very nice. It's about as nice as they come for a hotel in this price range, but the real stars of this hotel is the staff. The staff treated me like I was family. They all knew my name, held conversations with me, and went out of their way to take care of me. I don't know if I should drop the actual names of the staff members on here, but I could easily name 5 front desk employees (their initials are S, E, R, S, and T), 4 servers (D, R, N, and K), and 3 chefs (Chef O, T, and D) as being absolutely exceptional. It's really hard for me to name one as a standout cause they all were really great! I do want to say a special thanks to midnight front desk worker who, while I was super sick in the middle of the night, ran medicine up to my room three different times. Excellent customer service! You know who you are!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing east if you want to see the mountains out of your window.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank R_Odom5

Dear_Rodom5

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are humbled by your kind remarks and pleased to learn that our staff created a comfortable environment while at our hotel.

It was rewarding to learn that members of our staff exceeded your expectations. We could not be more proud when members of our staff make the difference in our guest’s experience. I will certainly recognize the mentioned team members for their efforts.

It was especially rewarding to read that our hotel is among 2 other hotels that have been outstanding in your travels during the past 6 years.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This property is less than 1 year old. The room and location are superb, and the staff are freindly and personal. However, the buffet brekfast offerwd at this location was the worst among all HGI I've ever been to. The scrambled eggs looked like custurd, sausages were greasy and disgusting. Last week I ordered fried eggs with canadian bacons but was told they had no canadian bacons even when egg benedict is on the menu. Another day I ordered fried eggs iver hard and 10 minutes later my order came out with running egg yorks. If you just go 10 miles south to HGI Layton and try their breakfast then you would know what a big difference. All I can say is that the operation management of this property is too cheap to offer decent, quality breakfast which is the most important meal of a day for travellers to its customers.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear RoadRunner588,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We sincerely appreciate the candid feedback you have given us. We are delighted to hear the experiences from our guests in a continual effort to improve the Hilton Garden Inn experience.

I was disappointed and embarrassed to read of your breakfast experience. I decided to take your advice and try the HGI Layton and other local hotel buffets/breakfast service. My breakfast experience at the Layton HGI property specifically was positive and I did find ways to improve our breakfast service. Rest assured I have reiterated the importance of a consistent and reliable breakfast buffet with our food and beverage team.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the negative breakfast experience. Food as you described is embarrassing for us as our restaurant and Chef Overturf is the hidden jewel of the hotel. I hope you will give us and our restaurant another opportunity to gain your trust. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

There is always something extra special about staying in a new hotel. The rooms feel cleaner and more upscale. The paint and carpeting are spotless and everything works. This Hilton opened in the summer and it is beautiful. The rooms are large and the decor is modern and fits perfectly with the mountain backdrop.

Check-in was fast, efficient and friendly. The rooms are large and the beds extra comfortable. I have learned to expect the best when staying at Hilton's and this hotel meets or exceeds all expectations. There are nice places to walk in the area and there are interesting lounge/restaurants right across the street.

This hotel may also have the best undiscovered restaurant in town. It is called The Garden Grille and Lounge and has an exceptional menu with starters like Ahi Tuna, Maple Glazed Quail, Short Ribs and main courses including Colorado Lamb, Basil Crusted Grouper, and NY Strip. Not what you normally find in a hotel restaurant. I recommend trying the "Dynamite Salmon".

The best surprise however is the price. Both the hotel and restaurant are on the low end of the price scale. I can only guess that since this hotel is new the prices are extra-low to attract visitors. It is what brought me here for the first time.

My advice is, if you are near the Ogden area and want great quality for budget prices, you can't go wrong with this Hilton.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear kwebb 100,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us in such great detail. We are pleased to hear from seasoned travelers in a continual effort to improve the HGI experience.

We are humbled by your kind remarks and delighted that you have recommended us so highly.We are especially proud you recognized “our jewel” The Garden Grille and Lounge.

Thank you for your most overwhelming praise; we are truly honored to have earned your trust. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for one night on New Years Eve. Upon our arrival the front desk staff was extremely helpful. We had left something at a Hilton in Butte and they promptly looked after all the details with regards to shipping it to our final destination. Todd at the front desk went out of his way to make sure that our stay was enjoyable. The hotel is beautifully decorated and the rooms are spacious and have many nice touches. They had a fire alarm in the middle of the night that wasn't great but again the hotel staff made sure that we were informed and looked after. They offered all the guests a complimentary breakfast the next morning. I highly recommend this hotel. By far one of my favorite hotels on our travels. It is a 5 star hotel with all you would expect but at a very reasonable price.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Gloria V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in such thoughtful detail. We were truly humbled by your kind remarks.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the facilities, staff and services .
It was especially rewarding that you recognized the level of service our staff provides. One of our goals is to provide 5 star service to every guest that walks through our doors and we are pleased that we have achieved this with you.

Thank you again for your most generous remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Hotel staff and especially "Matt" helped me out when a shipped package got stuck. Extremly helpful and positive attitude in a clean and nice hotel with nothing but positive experiences.
I will be back for sure!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Per Olav M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Hilton Garden Inn. We were humbled by your kind remarks and delighted that we have gained your trust.

It was also rewarding to learn that Matt, our General Manager personally exceeded your expectations. We could not be more pleased that we have successfully achieved one of our service goals for you.

We thank you again for such high praise and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

New HGI with extremely nice rooms. Location in the downtown square is ideal for exploring local colors and flavors (highly recommend Sonoma Grill across the street). This place is very charming and friendly to boot.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear DavidDINO,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Hilton Garden Inn. We were humbled by your kind remarks.

I am sincerely delighted that you enjoyed our accommodations, location and service.

Thank you again for recommending us so highly. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.