“leisure” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Ogden, Utah
“leisure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and I got away for the night for our anniversary. Overall this is a very nice new hotel. The staff was very helpful. The bathroom was very clean. No smells in the room. The bed was a little hard and the pillows were too big making it a little uncomfortable and difficult to sleep. There are no pay per view movies which was a dissappointment. There is a large movie complex right across the street so I guess they did not want to compete. The breakfast is not included unless you pay extra. Seems like a silly thing to do. It is not really included if you have to pay extra for it. Over all a nice place but I would probably not stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Roger C

I would like to apologize for the underwhelming impression our property has left with you. We were sincerely disheartened to learn our pillows, movies options and our breakfast buffet left such an unfavorable impression with you.

Our breakfast is not included in our regular room rate. We do offer a Bed and Breakfast package that does include breakfast and is beneficial if you are planning on joining us for breakfast. Our breakfast buffet is not a regular continental breakfast; in addition to our hot buffet line and cold station we offer made-to-order hot items from our chef (anything from Eggs Benedict to French toast) and also includes a daily breakfast special. All of our danishes, croissants and many other baked items are made fresh daily.

Additionally, we do have different pillows available upon request depending on your sleep comfort level.

Regarding our channel options, we decided as a management team to pay for additional movie channels so that our guests would not have to pay for movies. I apologize that this decision is not favorable with you.

Thank you for commenting on the aspects of your stay that were positive.

I hope this information is useful and you will give us another opportunity to gain your trust. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I travel every week and when you come across an exceptional place to stay it makes your day so much better ! The hotel is absolutely beautiful inside from the lobby to bar to the rooms. Impeccably clean, but that is nothing compared to how friendly and welcoming the staff is! From the moment I checked in I was greeted with smiles and genuine hospitality! Dinner was very good and freshly made, but again the waitress was so friendly and welcoming, felt like I was sitting down at the family table! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Scuba600,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Hilton Garden Inn. We were truly delighted that you enjoyed our accommodations, lounge and our restaurant.

We were especially proud that you recognized the level of service our staff provides. As one of our goals, we couldn’t be more pleased that we have achieved this with you.

Thanks again for recommending us so highly; we are honored to have earned your trust. We will look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn in the near future

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I were delighted with this 5-month old hotel in the middle of Ogden and would highly recommend taking the 2 mile detour from the freeway, rather than the same-old Holiday Inn Express et al.

Staff were all most welcoming and rooms were warm and inviting. Beds a delight. Even the corridors were brightly lit and had cheerful carpet on the floor.

The shining jewel was their restaurant. It was cold outdoors and we decided to be wimps and stay in to eat. What a treat we had in store! Wonderful food with really outstanding presentation.

Can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: we always ask for s top floor room, but there was no noise from above, below or anywhere!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Torquay102010
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Torquay,

We were delighted that you recognized the quality of our rooms and beds but we were especially grateful for the comments regarding our “shining jewel” the Garden Grille and Lounge.

Thanks again for recommending us so highly and for the thoughtful feedback. It is invaluable toward our continued success in improving the Hilton Garden Inn experience. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed for our birthday's! The hotel was extremely clean! Customer service was the best I have experienced for quite a while at any hotel. And, the food - Oh the food! It was SO good! Truly a 'Gourmet' treat! We will be staying here again for sure, and I have already recommended this hotel to many others! This is truly a gem of a hotel! Great experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Susan C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Hilton Garden Inn. We were humbled by your kind remarks.

We are especially proud that you enjoyed our accommodations, service and amenities.

Thank you for recommending us so highly. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Cloquet, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

My trip to Ogden, Utah was my first. I travel a lot for work so I stay at a lot of hotels. I can tell you that this might be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling to this location. The service was just outstanding! Better yet was the restaurant. I don't think enough people know about how great the food is. The chef who was there was a creative genius. I would urge people in this area to eat here even if they are staying at another location. The lobby was open. The fitness center was wonderful. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were clean and lovely. The manager of the hotel was really fantastic. The front desk and wait staff really seemed to understand customer service. All around this was a great stay. This is a well run operation.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the great chef. Eat at the hotel restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SuperiorTraveler
Dear Superior Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We were honored you choose the Hilton Garden Inn while in Ogden.

We were delighted by your generous compliments on our restaurant and Chef. Josh Overturf our Executive Chef was instrumental in the phenomenal culinary creations that make up the Garden Grille and Lounge menu.

Thank you again for such high praise. We will look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was on a business project in Ogden for 4 months and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn as often as I could. I could not have asked for a better experience. The hotel manager and assistant manager consistently went above and beyond to ensure I felt like I was at home. They remembered my birthday, my last week and were even willing to order different ingredients for to fit my diet. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. I was always welcomed with smiling faces. As much as I am excited to not be travelling for the next while, I will miss my new friends at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ogden. The fact that it is a new hotel, is clean and has good, new workout equipment did not hurt either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank scbd27
Dear scbd27,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful feedback of the Hilton Garden Inn.

I am delighted to learn that we have gained your trust and humbled by such heartfelt remarks. I am especially pleased to learn that we have left such a favorable impression during the last 4 months.

We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you back at the Hilton Garden Inn in the near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was my first trip to Utah, I was out here on business from the East Coast. during Hurricane Sandy Last Week The accommodations are outstanding, clean rooms, good food!! It felt like I was on Vacation. The entire staff, Front desk, Housekeeping, & the wait staff for breakfast were wonderful. Special Kudos to Sal at the front desk, she made sure my wool coat was ready for the Utah night. There are quite a few hotels in the immediate vicinity, they are beat hands down by this one! When I come back, & I will be back me & my family will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Christopher B
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Christopher B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Hilton Garden Inn. We are humbled by your comments and pleased that we were able to make your business trip feel like a vacation.

We especially want to thank you for recognizing the quality of our accommodations and the level of service we strive to provide.

We thank you again for such kind remarks and will look forward to welcoming you back.