“Business Trip felt like a Vacation”

Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Business Trip felt like a Vacation”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was my first trip to Utah, I was out here on business from the East Coast. during Hurricane Sandy Last Week The accommodations are outstanding, clean rooms, good food!! It felt like I was on Vacation. The entire staff, Front desk, Housekeeping, & the wait staff for breakfast were wonderful. Special Kudos to Sal at the front desk, she made sure my wool coat was ready for the Utah night. There are quite a few hotels in the immediate vicinity, they are beat hands down by this one! When I come back, & I will be back me & my family will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Christopher B
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Christopher B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Hilton Garden Inn. We are humbled by your comments and pleased that we were able to make your business trip feel like a vacation.

We especially want to thank you for recognizing the quality of our accommodations and the level of service we strive to provide.

We thank you again for such kind remarks and will look forward to welcoming you back.

Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My stay here was amazing from check in to check out ..... Excellent customer service, nice and clean rooms. Front desk service great and the food was good also. Big thanks Saleha Ahmed she deserves a trophy great help great service!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank areasno04
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear areasno04,

We are thrilled to have made such a positive impression and pleased that you have recommended us so highly.

We were especially proud that Sal contributed to your positive experience, I will pass along the praise to Sal. I’m guessing Sal won’t let me forget about this trophy comment for the next few months.

Thank you again for your kind remarks and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My mother met me in Ogden while I was on a business trip. It was also her 70th birthday. She was doing research on her dad's side of the family as well at the Mormon family research center. The staff at the hotel were just wonderful. They gave us all kinds of great recommendations for where to eat, the easiest way to get around, what activities to do. They were just the nicest, most helpful staff I have experienced at a hotel. The hotel was only 3 blocks from the train station so getting to Salt Lake City was very easy.
Many thanks to Sal, Jessica, Stephanie and Brian for making our trip and my mother's 70th birthday fabulous!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Melodie M
Dear Melodie M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Hilton garden inn. We are pleased that you enjoyed our accommodations, service and location.

I am delighted by the many touches you received from the staff throughout your stay and could not be more pleased that we provided the experience that we pride ourselves in.

Thank you again for such high praise, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn.

Canmore, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel is modern, spotless, in a great location right downtown but not far off the highway. The staff is very friendly. The fitness room is well equipped. Be aware that breakfast is not included in the rate and is an extra $10 per person.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Pam J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn.

We were delighted that the service and facility met your expectations.

Thank you again for your candid feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this new beautiful hotel on Friday October 19, 2012. Besides being a beautiful hotel and so well located in the city I was greated by two front desk personnel, Todd and Sal. They were terrific. Not only very personal but also most knowledgeable about the hotel. My reservations were in order and hardly took any time to check in. They recommended places to see in the area which I did. The next morning Sal was on duty again and very personable asking how my night was and what I did. I highly compliment these two individuals as 2 of the most efficient and friendly people I have met at any hotel. The room was great and the bed was so comfortable. I highly recommend the hotel and if I am in Ogden again I will plan to stay there. Gary W

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank gwick4
Dear gwick4,

We are truly humbled by your kind and thoughtful “Compliments to the staff”.

We are proud that you recognized and appreciated the special touches that create the Hilton Garden Inn experience. I will certainly recognize Sal for her efforts in personalizing your stay and pass along your appreciation.

We are sincerely pleased to have earned your trust and look forward to welcoming you back.

San Diego, California
Reviewed October 20, 2012

As usual, Hilton Garden was a real break after staying at economy hotels near national parks. Clean, serviceable. One negative was that the place is so new that it was difficult to insert a power plug into the wall socket. I think that's all it was, but I was afraid to break my computer power supply plug, so I went without power.

The staff was wonderful. In fact, we left a package behind and got a call in Yellowstone from Desk Clerk Todd telling us about it. He didn't look inside, asked us if anything needed refrigeration, and told us we could pick it up anytime. We picked it up on the way south, and Todd was on duty.

When we arrived, we essentially emptied the car onto a luggage cart and registered. I had to then go park the car. Todd offered to go upstairs with my wife to unload the cart while I went to park the car. This saved us a lot of time, and we were so tired that we really appreciated it.

I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lonniea
Todd L, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ogden UT, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Lonniea,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in such detail.

I would like to apologize for the negative experience in regards to the outlets, and yes it is due to being new. Having said that I want to thank you, we couldn’t be more pleased to learn that we have succeeded in achieving our goal. It is the vision of Western Sates Lodging that the Hilton Garden Inn and staff provide the best in accommodations and service.

Thank you again for your most generous comments, It was my pleasure having the opportunity of meeting and serving you and your wife.

On behalf of the entire Hilton Garden Inn family we will look forward to welcoming you back.

arizona
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is newer Garden Inn so the hotel is clean and well-furnished. In general, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful; however, on the night I arrived there was no one at the front desk. After a five minute wait, I called the hotel with my cell phone (while standing at the front desk) and no came to answer the phone! About 10 minutes later the front desk attendant came and told me she went to get a coffee. That was a little odd but for the remainder of my 5 day stay the staff was very helpful.

The beds were comfortable (not amazing but good) but what I really liked about the beds is that they change the duvet cover for each guest! The room was clean and it was equipped with a mini-refrigerator and microwave oven. The fitness room was great. It was located in the front of the hotel with two large windows so it was nice and bright. There were five cardio machines, free weights and a small weight pulley system. The pool was really nice too.

The location is good if you need to be in downtown Ogden. The hotel is located adjacent to a megaplex movie theater, across from an indoor sky diving facility, just down the street from a few restaurants including a great little cupcake shop.

Overall, a good experience, I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear tgdow,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m sincerely disappointed with your arrival experience and want to assure you that is not the level of service we pride ourselves in.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed our city and the accommodations at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Thank you for recommending us so highly, we are deeply honored to have earned your trust even with the not so pleasant arrival experience.

We will look forward to welcoming you back.