“Wonderful place”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Sandy UT
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My husband and I came to the Alaskan Inn for a one-night getaway. We loved our cabin -- so private and quaint. And the tub for two was perfect!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rknap14

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I decided to surprise my husband with a little romantic get a way this past week. I chose the Alaskan Inn, not because of anything I had heard about it but just because we have passed it many times on our drives through the very scenic Ogden Canyon. It's tucked away from the road and it just looks like one of those places that would be fun to stay at "someday".
Reserving over the phone and checking in upon arrival were easy. At check in, guests are given a choice as to what time they would like breakfast delivered to their room/cabin AND given a menu to select what they would like for breakfast. They are also directed to a complimentary selection of DVD's & music CD's, which I thought was a nice touch.
I arrived a couple of hours before my husband and upon entering our room (the Alaskan) I was greeted with ambient lighting, nature sounds from a CD playing and a perfect room temperature. There was sparkling cider chilling and cookies on the table (both complimentary). I closed the door and felt like I was in another place - I immediately knew that I had picked a winner!

The furnishings were modest, not overdone, but gave the feel of being away in a cabin. The log bed and bedding were beautiful. Our room faced the canyon road, we heard occasional noise from a passing car, but nothing that was distracting. We never heard any noise from other patrons staying there. Overall, it was very quiet.

A knock on the door the next morning let us know that our breakfast was waiting outside our room. Breakfast consisted of Buttermilk pancakes with strawberry syrup, bacon, hashbrowns, orange juice and hot chocolate with real whipped cream! It was more than ample.

We spent time walking the grounds which were well maintained and again, very quiet. We also explored the cabin area which was beautifully landscaped. Afterwards we parked ourselves on one of the benches overlooking the Ogden river and enjoyed a really relaxing evening.

The staff was extremely courteous and helpful, the atmosphere was simple, quiet and naturally beautiful.

**Several additional services (at additional cost) were offered at registration, including champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and flowers.

We would not hesitate to recommend the Alaskan Inn to either a couple or an individual just looking for a little retreat time. It would not be a place to bring children. We will be back!

Room Tip: Themed rooms and cabins, pictures available on their website.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ttoopel
Providence, Utah
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was our third stay at the Alaskan Inn. This time I finally got the cabin I wanted... the North Pole! Complete with lit Christmas tree, winter decor and to top it off -- an electric train above the bed that was so fun to watch! We love staying here, the breakfast is wonderful, and their attention to details is great. Would highly recommend it to everyone for a nice romantic get away!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cindot15
Orem, Utah
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We enjoyed our stay. The cabin was clean. We loved the sound of the river just outside the door.

The staff at the front desk was helpful, giving good directions and suggestions for dinner. Breakfast was great. They have a big menu to select from and give ample portions.

We have two dislikes. My wife (why her and not me I have NO idea, probably sweeter blood) had three of those little black bugs with red edges on the wings, climb onto her while we were in bed. Freaked her out a little. I don't know what the Inn could do about that, those bugs seem to be everywhere up that canyon.

The other dislike is that we forgot my wifes makeup bag in the room when we left. This is her everyday bag, she knows what is in it. When we got back to the hotel a couple days later and got the bag (yeah they actually saved it aside) there were about 4-5 things missing. The bag had been gone through and stuff taken. Most places don't take responsibility for items left in the room, so glad we got it back, but to bad there is missing items. :(

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JandK_A
Utah
Reviewed September 23, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at the Alaskan Inn several times and we love it so much we go back every January to celebrate our birthdays after the busy Christmas season. Because we go in January, we love the cabins outside. You walk from the main lodge to your own private cabin! You walk from the snow into a cozy, warm outdoorsy room that smells wonderful and usually has some type of outdoor sounds playing from the CD player.

Each room has a large comfortable bed with a small table and a big TV. You can rent DVD's from the lodge or watch cable. The rooms come with a jetted tub that is fabulous for relaxing. The bathrooms are just off the room and include a shower/toilet and sink.

The breakfasts are divine! They give you quite a choice and I have never been disappointed! The staff is wonderful and helpful.

There are a few restaurants nearby. The Timbermine is just out of the mouth of the canyon and has great steak and seafood. In the canyon for a more casual atmosphere is the The Oaks, serving burgers, sandwiches and such. Up the canyon in Eden are a couple more places, pizza, mexican and steak.

I would absolutely reccommend this B&B. We love it!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JaimeeJ
Provo, Utah
Reviewed March 13, 2010

It is difficult to find a wheelchair accessible bed & breakfast so when we found the Alaskan inn we were looking forward to a nice nights stay.

the cabin was nice and comfortable. We could have used a heavier blanket and would have appreciated a few of the burned out lights replaced, but otherwise, it was a peasant stay. Breakfast was delivered to our room and was very good. The setting along the river, in the canyon and among the trees was a very pleasant setting for a romantic evening.

The only thing I am disappoint in is that because this is the biggest cabin we were charged the highest price. I would have been happier with a smaller cabin at a lower price, but did not have a choice.

regardless, we look forward to returning here some day.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank disneyfans48
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We travelled with family and occupied two cabins. The cabins are really luxurious and beautifully themed with great attention to detail and the most comfy beds. They are set in beautifully landscaped gardens and are immaculate. A complimentary breakfast is provided which you pre-order to be delivered to your cabin at your requested time.

The reason I gave this only four on the rating, is that although they give you a complimentary non alcoholic drink on arrival, they ask $1 for a bottle of water that is stocked in your fridge. For the rates of the rooms, I really do feel that the water should be complimentary also.

That being said, however, it was a treat to stay there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family