Hampton Inn & Suites Ogden
  • Pool
$139
$125
GardenInn.com
Best Western Plus High Country Inn(Ogden)(Great Value!)
$89
Sleep Inn(Ogden)
$80
Holiday Inn Express Ogden(Ogden)(Great Value!)
$90
$94
$71
Groupon.com
$125
$100
All reviewsvalet parkingbank buildinghistoric buildingdowntown hotelblock walkgreat hotelstreet noisewithin walking distanceconference centerking suitehotel staffcomplimentary breakfastunion stationup to datemovie theaterfront desk staffnice stay
Reviewed March 13, 2007

Beautiful room, clean and comfortable. Valet parking is $5.00 but you can self park, which isn’t difficult or far away, once you figure out how to get to the parking garage. Breakfast in the morning was very good. There is no in-room safe, but they do have a safe down at the desk. If you stay in an inside room the view is of large metal beams, which is interesting, but I think a view of the city or mountain would be nicer. Very comfortable stay, good value for the price, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank bxstr2k
Reviewed October 25, 2006

We stayed at the Hampton Inn a few weeks ago for a friends wedding. The hotel is very easy to find (just take I-15 and get off at 24th street in Ogden). The parking was confusing when we arrived there because we got there at the same time that a tour bus did. There is valet parking at the hotel which will cost you $5/day. We stayed for two night and three days and were only charged for two days. It’s a steal since the parking garage is around the block and in the winter it is not worth saving the money!

Check in went smoothly but I was upset to realize that our room #710 was right across from the elevator. Yes, at all hour of the night, people ride elevators. We couldn’t change rooms since the hotel was booked. But other than that, we had a pleasant experience. The hot tub is open until midnight which is a feature I’ve never seen before. They also had the nicest workout facility I have seen in a hotel. The breakfast was ok…nothing great. We had a good stay here. Ogden is a beautiful city! Roosters (a micropub) is just a few blocks away.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank Jenwee
Reviewed October 23, 2006

My wife and I just got back from Ogden. The hotel is downtown and is in a renovated historic building. The rooms are considered "boutique" style and are not large but they are very nice.

The breakfast buffet is more than Continental. One morning there were scrambled eggs. The next, french toast. It always changes.

They also had "breakfast to go" bags and told us, "take how many you want"... And that evening, there were hot, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.

This hotel is downtown. You can either 'self park' or for $5 a day, valet parking with all the in and out privileges you want. The valet parking, to me, is a no brainer.

Overall I would stay here again. Always a smile on the peoples faces and one street over from the historic 25th street with all the old bars and restaurants.

There is construction across the street because they seem to be rebuilding a city block. So it can be noisy. But this is a minor thing.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank letsgetgoing
Reviewed July 13, 2006

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ogden twice this month (July 2006) using Hilton HHonors points (a steal at 7,500 points a night). The other reviewers are right in describing this property as very impressive, especially for a location like downtown Ogden, which looks rather run down and bleak. The building is nice and historic, and has been restored and maintained very well. The quality of the room is good too, surprisingly stylish for a Hampton. However, as a person of color I felt extremely uncomfortable staying here. The all-white staff - from the receptionist down to the parking valet - went out of their way to make me feel unwelcome, even though I am a Gold HHonors member. Their cold and unfriendly attitude towards me was in marked contrast to the warm smiles they gave white guests. I was surprised to see such an attitude among hotel staff in this day and age. If I stay here again, it will only be for an award stay (since they require so few points per night compared to other Hilton Family properties in the area.

• Stayed: July 2006
7  Thank utqiagvik
Reviewed March 1, 2006

This hotel was clean and quiet. We were only there for 10 hours but it was noticeable that the hallways and common areas, as well as the room and bathroom, were clean. I'd stay again if stuck in Ogden. one word of advice...there are police all over Ogden. At 11pm we saw 8 police cars in 20 minutes and 3 of those had people pulled over!! Drive slowly. We almost stayed at the Motel 6 to truly "slum it" for the night (like old times) but the heat wasn't working in some rooms...at least that was what the desk attendant was discussing on the phone with some guests while I waited to check in, but I left!

1  Thank peebozi