“Fun” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Slackwater Pub & Pizzeria

Slackwater Pub & Pizzeria
Ranked #5 of 364 Restaurants in Ogden
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve Artisan Style from scratch pizza's, sandwiches, Apps, Salads, Desserts, and Brunch Items. We offer over 100 different bear choices, 14 wines by the glass, and 24 bottle wine choices. We are located on the banks of the Ogden river and have live local music Fri, Sat, and Sundays.
Fruit Heights, Utah
“Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was a fun place. We ate outside. It was busy. The food was good. Very unique pizzas. I loved the crust, my husband isn't a crust fan so he didn't love the restaurant. The toppings are mostly in the middle with a large crust area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Venice, Florida
“Flew from CA for this pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Talk about fresh, delicious handmade pizza! This place is awesome. Read the
reviews of others and had to give it a try. Outstanding. Great atmosphere, people
are really friendly. Even offer great outdoor seating.

• Visited June 2014
Liberty, Utah, United States
“Always good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Had dinner there this past weekend. Service is always, attentive, courteous and the food is excellent.

• Visited August 2014
Seabeck, Washington
“Outstanding Ingredients make for a Mouth Watering Meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Found this hidden gem on Tripadvisor on our family vacation through the Great State of Utah. Don't let the fact that this is a 'pub' distract you, as they not only have a very good beer selection for the adults, but lemonade for the children.

We ordered the 'Check Your Garlic Breath' for an appetizer. See the attached picture. It is brick-oven roasted whole garlic heads, served with gorgonzola spread, herbed crostinis and diced vine-ripened tomatoes. My 11 and 13 year old couldn't get enough of this dish. After a day in the desert, this appetizer complemented the Wasatch Apricot beer my wife ordered; and the Black Butte Porter I'd ordered. All agreed the garlic breath was worth it for this delicious appetizer.

We also ordered two pizzas and a salad to split. See the attached pictures for the pizzas.

The first pizza was the Cardiac Arrest, which was served with a house marinara, pepperoni, ham, herbed sausage, peppered bacon, and a three-cheese blend. My daughter and I split this one, and it was DELICIOUS! Ranks right up there with one of the best pizza's I've ever eaten.

The 2nd pizza was the Macaroni & Cheese pizza. Don't let the name deter you. This pizza was made from the house fontina-sharp white cheddar macaroni and cheese which makes the base of the toppings blended with three cheeses, buttered panko bread crumbs and a balsamic reduction. This pizza is like no other I've had before. It's unique, and it works oddly well together. I'd definitely get it again.

My wife also had the Caesar salad, and we split it between 3 of us, more or less to sample it. The kid's had lemonade to boot. The content look of my kids at the end of the meal said it all!

We ate outside, along the sidewalk right beside the Ogden River in downtown Ogden. We actually waded in the river while our food was cooking. Although it was 102 outside, the shade of the North side of the building, and the sounds of the flowing river, albeit small for a river, the cold drinks, and the most Outstanding food made for a memorable first night in one of my favorite states in the United States...Utah!

The only downside of the whole experience was that due to the heat, I occasionally caught wind of a smelly trash can, which was quite unpleasant.

• Visited July 2014
“Date Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Staying the weekend in Ogden, found a review online and decided to try it...had a great time, great beer selection, nice variety of pizza our salad's rocked and my only regret was that I forgot to order the nachos..