“Great food and Great Atmosphere”

Slackwater Pub & Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 372 Restaurants in Ogden
Cuisines: Pizza, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve Artisan Style from scratch pizza's, sandwiches, Apps, Salads, Desserts, and Brunch Items. We offer over 100 different bear choices, 14 wines by the glass, and 24 bottle wine choices. We are located on the banks of the Ogden river and have live local music Fri, Sat, and Sundays.
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Recommend by some colleagues so we tried it out and it was well deserving of a high recommendation. It has an enclosed patio with windows that open and close with great views of Mt. Ogden. The atmosphere is very relaxing and enjoyable.

The food takes it up a notch with made to order pizzas. Although I didn't eat any pizazz everyone finished off the personal size pie. I went with the buffalo chicken sandwich and homemade chips. Probably best buffalo chicken sandwich I've had. The bread is the pizza crust which wraps up like a pita. Not only was the food plentiful and well priced, but the beer selection was beyond belief with several microbrews on tap and over a 100 bottles at your selection.

If you are in Ogden and looking for a good place to relax and eat check out Slackwater.

1  Thank rgee009
There are newer reviews for Slackwater Pub & Pizzeria

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Slackwater is always a great place to go. You can sit outside by the river or in the screened in porch area, the food is always great, and they have live music a lot. The "check your garlic breath" appetizer is awesome. It is a lot of work, but worth it! We have never ordered a pizza we didn't like and try something new often. We love Mushroom Blues, This is Sparta, and California Sunrise. Great beer list, and they have a delicious mango and peach sangria during the summer that is awesome.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I lived in Italy for three years and I have loved pizza most of my life, so I figure I know a little about pizza. The pizza is different in Italy...no two ways about it...and it is fabulous. Here in America we like our pizza our way and the best pizza I have had in the US is Big Kahunas pizza in Oahu (just outside the airport) and Slackwater pizza in Ogden, UT. We are regulars at Slackwater and their pizza is just awesome! They make specialty pizza's and calzones and if it's not on the menu, they will adapt! My favorite, the Cardiac Arrest, is an all meat lovers that is incredible. I've eaten the same pizza almost every Friday night for more than two years and I don't see me changing any time soon. So, do yourself a favor and try this pizza - promise you'll love it. P.S. They also have a WIDE selection of beer and the Czech Pilsner on tap will help wash the pizza down!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is my Favorite place to go and get pizza! The staff there is very knowledgeable and very friendly. This place had the BEST beer selection around!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love slackwater! Great food and a lot of beers to choose from. Only thing that I think needs improvement is the service, sometimes it can be slow even when the restaurant isn't very busy. But that doesn't stop me from going every couple weeks. One of the best places in Ogden!