“Uptown downtown pizzeria”

Slackwater Pub & Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 372 Restaurants in Ogden
Cuisines: Pizza, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve Artisan Style from scratch pizza's, sandwiches, Apps, Salads, Desserts, and Brunch Items. We offer over 100 different bear choices, 14 wines by the glass, and 24 bottle wine choices. We are located on the banks of the Ogden river and have live local music Fri, Sat, and Sundays.
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

This is not your average pizza this is where you can get a fire grill thin crust artichoke pizza. All items on the menu are fire grilled, artisan and interesting. Probably won't taste like what you expect however plan to be pleasantly surprised. Great atmosphere with an interesting alternative band on Friday and Saturday. Best suited for date night.

There are newer reviews for Slackwater Pub & Pizzeria

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Always love our visits here. Great pizza and salads and great beer selection. Our service was a little slow on our last visit but it was a busy night and we enjoyed the music and company. Always a place we take out of towners when they come visit.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I really can't say enough good things about this place. My husband and I kind of stumbled upon it once and have eaten there several times since, and each time has been a great experience in terms of the food, atmosphere, and service. We only wish we had found it sooner! I've had a few of the pizzas. All were tasty but I absolutely love the Cardiac Arrest, and also the Cobb Webb salad. Their hummus is really good too, as is the curry soup (I will annihilate the spelling if I attempt the real name) . We haven't been yet at a time when there was music, always too early.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Living in Ogden, I've been to Slackwater many times for diner, lunch, and drinks. It's been a local favorite since it opened a few years ago.

The restaurant is casual - the kind of place you can wear jeans and a baseball cap. There is both indoor and outdoor seating in the spring/summer/fall; in the winter they build up a great atrium in the outdoor area. There is often live music on the weekends. The restaurant sits on the Ogden river and has a great atmosphere.

The food is mainly apps, salads, and pizza - with a few sandwich options. The pizzas are personal with a thinner crust. There are many options or build-your-own. Always order an extra side of marinara sauce even if it comes on your pizza (surprisingly, it's not on many of them). The sauce is awesome and you'll want some to dip your crust into!

The real attraction at Slackwater is the beer. They have a two-page beer menu with individual descriptions and ratings of each beer. They have several taps, but you'll want to stick to bottles because all tap beer in Utah is 3.2% alcohol. That law doesn't apply to bottles, and bottles are the only way to get "full strength" beer at a restaurant in Utah. The wait staff is very knowledgable of the different beers and can give great recommendations.

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Good but not great pizza. Fresh but weak on flavor. Nothing memorable. Interesting location next to the river but then a horrid bongo band played so loud we had to scream. Had to roll my eyes at beer menu; all Utah beers given A+ while the best micro beers in America given B or B-. Hard to take them seriously after that. Great server. Helpful and anticipated our needs.

slackwater, Owner at Slackwater Pub & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thanks For giving a try!! Just so you know, we do not personally do the beer ratings, we take the ratings off a online source called "beer Advocate" that anyone can go rate beers. I tried putting the URL in the first response but they did not let me post it. We do Have live music 4 nights a week and we pride ourselves on having an eclectic variety, from smooth jazz to reggae. Sometimes the music does get a little loud, but we do allow our guests to sit wherever they would like. Our inside tables offer quieter seating if the music playing is not you cup of tea. Finally, though I do not agree with your description of our food, I respect you pallet and appreciate the feed back. we roast, smoke, slice, shed & dice 99% of our menu and normally that shines through. Obviously in your case that did not happen on your last visit and I Implore you do give us another shot :)