“Worst hotel ever!”

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Colorado
“Worst hotel ever!”
Reviewed March 11, 2007

I stayed in this hotel mainly for price, location (washington st) and pet friendlyness. I have stayed in 0 star hotels and have been perfectly happy before. This hotel was the worst! I have never felt the need to find another place to stay the night, but after 5 min in the room I was using the phone book to find another hotel. The 5 minutes it took to book another hotel room was a big misteak! When I returned to the office, 25 min later, to request my money back I was informed by the staff that I could not get a refund after 20 min. I feel cheated! Now to the issues I had with the room and hotel in general. Here is a list:
Stained, dirty comforter with 6 cigarett burns in it.
Stray cat in hall.
Prostitute in hall (I assume thats the reason for the 20 min rule)
Smell of illegal drugs in hall.
Had trash every where, inside and out.
Left the car unlocked for about an hour, someone got into it.
Grafetti in the phonebook.
Paper thin walls and doors.
Window frame was broken.
Room smelled bad.
No refund after 20 min? maybe this is the standard I dont know I have never had this problem before. Wish I could show you photos but didn't bring a camera sorry. Please dont give this hotel your buisness it's not worth the price.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank ColoradoBigWheel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
socal
Reviewed November 12, 2006

The hotel was very convenient and the room was comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly. You get free latte's, hot chocolate, etc via the machine in the lobby. Wireless is via T-mobile, which I already subscribed too, so it didn't cost me extra. If you don't already subscribe to t-mobile, you can buy it for a week via the hotel desk, which would be cheaper than subscribing for a month or paying a daily rate direct from t-mobile.

I stayed several times within a month. I preferred being on the top floor away from road. This was because I had someone noisy above me and had a hard time sleeping. But when I was upstairs and farthest away from the freeway, it was very quiet. I also stayed on the ground floor across from the freeway and slept just fine (no-one noisy above me that time).

• Liked — Location, price, cleanliness, size of room
  • Disliked — close to freeway
  • Tips/Secrets — ask for an upstairs room away from the freeway
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank wally99
Festus, MO
Reviewed April 18, 2005

The Red Roof Inn, in Ogden, was excellent. The room was large, clean and quiet. I would definitely stay there again. The front desk girl was super nice. No complaints.

2 Thank amberghini
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 5, 2005

This is a nice, basic hotel. Our room was huge, it was quiet, and clean. Price was fabulous... No troubles.

13 Thank netmadre
Phoenix,AZ
Reviewed August 1, 2004

Rooms are modern and somewhat comfortable.
Front desk clerk took too long to check inn person ahead of us, and overcharged the room. Had to adjust the price, which took forever.
Avoid rooms facing the interstate.
Pool only open Memorial day -labor day.
No restaurants nearby.

Travelers are raving about these Ogden hotels