We checked in with a VERY unfriendly girl. When we later commented about her to the other front desk staff. They said they get a lot of complaints about her. If thats the case why not replace her?? Really unprofessional and rude. We went upstairs and found a note posted on a table in the hallway. Thinking it may be important, we walked over to read it. It told us and anyone else willing to read it to stop shoving the lamps into the mirror behind the table. Ummmm okay. The room was okay, nothing special but okay. We went to breakfast the next morning and were delighted to see a granmotherly type lady running the breakfast. She spent the entire time we were down there talking to a couple about why she came to work there. Basically to get away from being the family babysitter. Okay, obviously it wasn't to make sure that the breakfast buffet was kept full because it wasn't. Oh well. At least there was a bowl of fresh fruit, yum......or so I thought! Actually I pulled 4 moldy oranges from the bowl before giving up. I thought I shouldn't return them to the fruit bowl so I carefully placed the oranges on the counter (very moldy side up) and walked away. I was a little grossed out when she finally went to check out the food on the buffet and she very carefully picked up the moldy oranges and placed them all moldy side down back in the bowl. Our second day we again encountered the very rude girl at the front desk. That was enough for us so we checked out the next morning and moved to the Holiday Inn Express Layton. Much better, exactly what we have come to love about the Expresses. They sincerely need to get rid of the cranky rude blonde girl who seems to work one of the later shifts. We won't stay here EVER again when Layton is so close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Ogden is located 2 miles from Historic 25th Street, 3 miles from Ogden Hinckley Airport, and 35 miles from the Salt Lake City International Airport. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy such activities as downhill skiing at one of three area resorts--Snowbasin, Powder Mountain, and Wolf Mountain; hiking and biking on miles of mountain trails; and boating and fishing at one of many nearby lakes or reservoirs. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ogden, offers 75 guest rooms including 23 suites with our unique ability to accommodate 6 people per room, double occupancy. Maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center, or you can enjoy our volleyball court, and sports court. Swim year round in our indoor pool or relax in our hot tub. Our conference rooms, equipped with state-of-the-art media equipment, make this an ideal place for executive retreats, banquets, seminars, conferences and training meetings. Wake up with our Express Start Continental breakfast featuring hot cheddar cheese omelets, sausage, bacon, cinnamon rolls and much more. This is a great location for everything Ogden has to offer: Snowbasin Ski Resort, Powder Mountain, Wolf Mountain, Lagoon Amusement Park, Dinosaur Park, Great Salt Lake, Golden Spike National Monument, Hill AFB Aerospace Museum. Visit Ogden, Utah and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel the best hotel in Ogden! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Ogden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Ogden Hotel Ogden
- Holiday Inn Ogden
- Holiday Inn Express Ogden Utah