“Try the Layton Holiday Inn Express, You'll be MUCH happier.”

Holiday Inn Express Ogden
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Los Angeles, California
“Try the Layton Holiday Inn Express, You'll be MUCH happier.”
Reviewed August 21, 2010

We checked in with a VERY unfriendly girl. When we later commented about her to the other front desk staff. They said they get a lot of complaints about her. If thats the case why not replace her?? Really unprofessional and rude. We went upstairs and found a note posted on a table in the hallway. Thinking it may be important, we walked over to read it. It told us and anyone else willing to read it to stop shoving the lamps into the mirror behind the table. Ummmm okay. The room was okay, nothing special but okay. We went to breakfast the next morning and were delighted to see a granmotherly type lady running the breakfast. She spent the entire time we were down there talking to a couple about why she came to work there. Basically to get away from being the family babysitter. Okay, obviously it wasn't to make sure that the breakfast buffet was kept full because it wasn't. Oh well. At least there was a bowl of fresh fruit, yum......or so I thought! Actually I pulled 4 moldy oranges from the bowl before giving up. I thought I shouldn't return them to the fruit bowl so I carefully placed the oranges on the counter (very moldy side up) and walked away. I was a little grossed out when she finally went to check out the food on the buffet and she very carefully picked up the moldy oranges and placed them all moldy side down back in the bowl. Our second day we again encountered the very rude girl at the front desk. That was enough for us so we checked out the next morning and moved to the Holiday Inn Express Layton. Much better, exactly what we have come to love about the Expresses. They sincerely need to get rid of the cranky rude blonde girl who seems to work one of the later shifts. We won't stay here EVER again when Layton is so close.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Momroadtrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
West Yellowstone, Montana
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Oh my...where can I start. When I arrived I got upgraded to the handicap room...which was rather large. I go into the bathroom and notice that it smells like urine..really bad. I flush the toilet and it backs up. I call the front desk and the not so friendly lady tells me she will have maintenance come up right away. No one there within the next 15 mins so I call again and she says he's on his way. Apparently he's not at the hotel so they have to call him at home. He finally gets there and he does unplug the toilet with a snake. He was very pleasant.

The mattresses all have these plastic mattress pads on them...very crunchy and uncomfortable. I did realize that it wasn't a urine smell in the bathroom but the shower curtain was extremely moldy and needed to be washed or changed...why didn't housekeeping pick up on this??? I get back to the room the 2nd night and turn the air on and it starts making a noise like a leaf blower....extremely loud but I just thought what the hey...I'll just run my own little fan all night because I didn't want to deal with the unfriendly front desk people. Come on...why can't the front desk acknowledge you with a hello...how may I help you....how was your night....have a great day. You'll get none of that here because this HI is sorely lacking in customer service. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank nottoopicky1955
Trophy Club, Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night on our way out of Salt Lake City. The room was spacious and clean, and everything looked new. We also ate dinner at the restaurant next door, which was recommended by the front desk staff. It was also good. The hot spot seemed to be the hotel's pool, and it also seemed like people were "vacationing" at the hotel just to use the pool. Free cont. breakfast - not the best, but there is some variety.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed May 7, 2010

This is an older property, which has been "refreshed" recently with new interior decor and the new HIE logo. There are a few things you'll notice around the property that reveal the building's age, but for the most part the remodeling is very nice, modern, and comfortable. I stayed on the east side of the building, so I cannot comment on highway noise on the west side. My room was quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2010

My seventy-six year old mother and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites – Ogden, Utah for the night of Thursday, August 13th, 2009. When making our reservations online as a Priority Club member, we requested a suite on the top floor, away from any road noise, and that is what we were given. When we arrived, as a Priority Club member, we received a “goodie bag” filled with two bottles of water, mini chocolate bars, tootsie rolls, M&M's, and cracker snacks.

The large non-smoking suite included two queen-sized beds, each with four pillows on them, a clock radio, two regular chairs with a table, a sofabed with coffee table, a large television and remote with a poor selection of channels, a coffeemaker, a mini-fridge, a microwave, and an iron/ironing board.

The large bathroom included three sets of towels, a hairdryer, bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash, as well as a bar of soap and a shower cap. There was a handle in the shower, which my mother liked, but the toilet was very difficult to flush.

The hotel is located just off of Interstate 15 and has an indoor swimming pool and hot tub, and a business and fitness center. Also, there are not too many restaurants or stores nearby, so you may want to ask for directions to find them.

After taxes, the American Automobile Association rate for Room 305 came to $115.39 U.S. Funds. Overall, we were very comfortable in the room as it was very clean, however the suite is showing its age and needs to be renovated.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
California
Reviewed February 4, 2010

I travel alot for work and this is a very nice place to stay. The hotel has new furniture & carpeting, it's clean. The rooms are so nice! Breakfast is good, the staff is very friendly. There are 2 restaurants close by with one across the parking lot, there's McDonalds, County Store, gas stations. The only thing missing was a refridgerator in my room, other than that great clean place to stay. Conviently right off the freeway (but without the noise in your room)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
portland, oregon
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We arrived late in the evening. the staff was friendly. The beds were the hightlight of the room as they were very comfortable. the bathroom was clean. the breakfast the next morning looked good but we had to leave early so we didnt get a chance to try it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends