“Good hotel for a quick stop along I-15”

Holiday Inn Express Ogden
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
yyc
“Good hotel for a quick stop along I-15”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

Checked in late during a road trip along I-15. Nice hotel, but a little bit akward in getting too from the freeway. The room was spacious and quite modern. Front desk staff helpful and friendly. This was a standard HIE, so there was nothing that really stood out in terms of positive/negative. Grabbed coffee and yogurt from the breakfast bar and the staff was very nice and sweet. All in all this is a good hotel if one needs to stop for a rest along I-15.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

THIS place is worth no more than 60 a night. dont pay more. It is a dated place with an older yuck vibe. The good places in SLC do cost 100 but they are better than this for 95 for sure.
drain was clogged and outer door was broken.skip it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Riverside, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

I stayed for a week at this Holiday Inn Express because it was near my customers. The ladies at the front desk were very happy to see me and very helpful. The rooms were absolutely clean and nothing was missing. The desk was large enough and plenty of plugins. The bed had one of those plastic barriers under the sheet that was kinda uncomfortable so I removed it. When I came back that evening it was out of the room. The breakfast was complete with good food. There was plenty of coffee no empties while I was there, each day. The first room I had was next to the mechanical room. There was a low noisy hum that resonated through the walls the first evening. I thought it was just temporary as it would come and go. The next night I heard it again and called the front desk. She moved me without another word. The doors on the sides will not let you in with your key so you have to enter through the front. Those two were the only bad thing about this hotel. Everything else was just right. I will recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Sarasota FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

We loved our over night stay as we traveled cross country. Our room was clean and large. The shower and towels were amazing and having an opportunity to workout in the fitness center and have breakfast before a long travel day was very appreciate. Staff was wonderful. They gave us an end room which made it easy to get our chihuahaus in and out without bothering anyone. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Taichung, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

Driving through the area, and stopped there for the night. Staff was super freindly and helpful! In fact we booked over the phone whilst on the road, and asked for estra pillows, towels, and a crib for the room. And when we arrived an hour later, they had everything already in the room...well done. The room was perfect and roomy (Double queen). Price was fair, but not a great deal. The pool was awesome and open 24 hours. The b-fast was great!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

We checked in with a VERY unfriendly girl. When we later commented about her to the other front desk staff. They said they get a lot of complaints about her. If thats the case why not replace her?? Really unprofessional and rude. We went upstairs and found a note posted on a table in the hallway. Thinking it may be important, we walked over to read it. It told us and anyone else willing to read it to stop shoving the lamps into the mirror behind the table. Ummmm okay. The room was okay, nothing special but okay. We went to breakfast the next morning and were delighted to see a granmotherly type lady running the breakfast. She spent the entire time we were down there talking to a couple about why she came to work there. Basically to get away from being the family babysitter. Okay, obviously it wasn't to make sure that the breakfast buffet was kept full because it wasn't. Oh well. At least there was a bowl of fresh fruit, yum......or so I thought! Actually I pulled 4 moldy oranges from the bowl before giving up. I thought I shouldn't return them to the fruit bowl so I carefully placed the oranges on the counter (very moldy side up) and walked away. I was a little grossed out when she finally went to check out the food on the buffet and she very carefully picked up the moldy oranges and placed them all moldy side down back in the bowl. Our second day we again encountered the very rude girl at the front desk. That was enough for us so we checked out the next morning and moved to the Holiday Inn Express Layton. Much better, exactly what we have come to love about the Expresses. They sincerely need to get rid of the cranky rude blonde girl who seems to work one of the later shifts. We won't stay here EVER again when Layton is so close.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Momroadtrip
West Yellowstone, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

Oh my...where can I start. When I arrived I got upgraded to the handicap room...which was rather large. I go into the bathroom and notice that it smells like urine..really bad. I flush the toilet and it backs up. I call the front desk and the not so friendly lady tells me she will have maintenance come up right away. No one there within the next 15 mins so I call again and she says he's on his way. Apparently he's not at the hotel so they have to call him at home. He finally gets there and he does unplug the toilet with a snake. He was very pleasant.

The mattresses all have these plastic mattress pads on them...very crunchy and uncomfortable. I did realize that it wasn't a urine smell in the bathroom but the shower curtain was extremely moldy and needed to be washed or changed...why didn't housekeeping pick up on this??? I get back to the room the 2nd night and turn the air on and it starts making a noise like a leaf blower....extremely loud but I just thought what the hey...I'll just run my own little fan all night because I didn't want to deal with the unfriendly front desk people. Come on...why can't the front desk acknowledge you with a hello...how may I help you....how was your night....have a great day. You'll get none of that here because this HI is sorely lacking in customer service. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo