“Great Location”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Kipling. SK
“Great Location”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We picked this Comfort Inn as a suitable place to stay as we headed south. After a long day of travel, the last thing we wanted was a stressful drive through the multilane SLC core. This hotel style accomodation fit the bill, as of the present time, it is still located in a quieter northern suburb of Ogden. At the time of our visit, the hotel was quiet without a lot of patrons. we found reception to be alright when we arrived, and had us into a king room without delay. We were on the second floor, which wasn't a problem with the elevator in the building. The room was what you would expect with well equipped and modern hotels, with all the features including fridge and micro. The bathroom had plenty of room to accomodate all our stuff. The wifi and computer work area suited my needs. The only thing we thought was poor in design with the room we got was the TV was stuck in the corner of the room by the door. The complimentary breakfast was nothing special, but more than suited our needs. We arrived late because of a malfunctioning alarm clock in our room, but we were accomodated anyways. Plenty of parking onsite, and easily accessible from the I-15 nearby. Also an excellent selection of restaurants in the nearby vicinity. Beautiful view of what I believe to be the Wasatch range/mountains from the back of the property on the guest deck provided for the smoking demographic. Nice place, nice lobby and layout, nice location, but nothing jaw dropping as to get an excellent rating. If you do not like the chaos of accomodations in a busy city core, then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Amber A, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your excellent review. We are glad that we were able to accommodate the majority of your needs and we hope to be able to serve you again for your hotel needs in the future! Please take care and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Big Piney, Wyoming
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel was nice, but staff was not the friendliest. Had things in my room not working such as blow dryer, some channels on the tv, and fridge. I mentioned it to the front desk, but they didn't offer an other room or to come fix anything. We have family that live in town and wanted to invite them to swim, but that's not allowed. We were the only ones swimming I don't know why it mattered. To top off our experience, I got a phone call from the staff later that night saying she didn't get a card on file for a dog charge. I didn't have a dog, but got accused of having one and told I'd be charged.
Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Go to 21st street in ogden.

• Stayed February 2014
Amber A, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear valued guest:

We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the poor experience you had with your stay at our property. We are always endeavoring to improve our hotel experience and we appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the poor communication you received from some of our staff in regards to the items that were not working in your room. We try to offer any accommodations that help you to have the best stay experience at our hotel. We will take your input and feedback regarding your experiences with members of our staff to improve, reprove, and eliminate poor customer experiences such as you have received from our hotel.
Once again, we would like to thank you for your feedback and we apologize again for your experience. We hope to be able to serve you again sometime!

Comfort Inn Farr West Management
(801)737-5660
gm.ut137@choicehotels.com

Travelers are raving about these Ogden hotels

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I called the hotel to set up reservations and the person at the desk could not add my choice awards or give me a AAA discount. I also could not add the information to the Comfort Inn corporate website which was offering the room for $91.25.
When I got to the hotel it looked like a ghost town. The person at the front desk was on the phone and set it on the counter the entire time he checked me in. I could hear the person on the phone still talking. The check in was the worst that I have ever had in all of my travels. I was charged over $100 and I should have left. The front desk person grumbled about how slow business was at the location. I never saw a smile or felt welcome at all.
My room which was a suite looked nice, but the computer desk lamp did not work. I took my perishable food and beverages and put them in the mini frig. I went to the fitness center that had a treadmill, bike, and two weight machines. I ran on the treadmill that sounding like it was about to die. The fitness area had a lot of dust and looked like it is seldom cleaned. There was no remote for the TV and there was nothing to clean my machine off when I was done working out. I would rate the fitness room as very poor. My bed was very hard and the pillows were not good quality.
I always use the stairs and they were also very dirty and the carpet needs to be replaced. The breakfast was poor with carbs and some gross looking eggs and sausage. There was no fresh fruit. The hotel offered coffee in the main area, but only had those packets of cheap creamer. They had no varieties of hot tea, only black tea.
When checking out I noticed that my frig was not even turned on and my perishables were ruined. I am sure that they turned the refrigerator off to save money because no one was staying there.
They need to hire some good front desk help and offer some nicer items and people may return. For the same money I stayed at a Hampton the next night and it was 10 times better than my stay at this location. I will not be returning to this location in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Rob2222
Amber A, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear valued guest:

On behalf of our property and staff here in Farr West, Ogden, we would like to offer you a heart-felt apology for the poor experience you had in staying with our hotel. We strive to supply for the very best experience to each of our traveling guests. We greatly regret when we disappoint any of the guests that stay with us.

However, we would like to thank you for your input and your honest comments. Each review we receive from guests are taken and immediately read by management. The advice is valuable to us and will help us better and reform that which our hotel property has to improve upon. Your suggestions have been extremely helpful to us today. We will use them to improve the quality of what we offer here at the Comfort Inn in Farr West, in the manner of breakfast items, pool and fitness center cleanliness, and effective and thorough new hire training.

Again, I would like to apologize for the difficult manner of your stay and we hope you will consider us sometime in the future.

Take care and we all wish you the best in your future travels!

Comfort Inn - Farr West, Utah
(801) 731 - 5660
gm.ut137@choicehotels.com
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Right away we were impressed by the nice lobby when we walked in. The room was great (especially for the price), it was clean, and quite large with 2 beds plus a couch and kitchenette area. The pool was nice and warm so we swam for quite sometime, they were quick to bring towels when they kept running out. The restaurant was really good and the staff there were amazing with our 5 year old. The morning breakfast had good options and was well stocked.

Room Tip: We were worried about the road noise, but kept the fan on in the room and paid the extra $5 to be on...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MacG1975
Amber A, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your kind response regarding our hotel's services. We strive to provide the best service and accommodations we can offer to each of our guests. We're grateful for your kind words and will use your input to further improve each guest experience.

We hope to see you again sometime soon!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were tired after a long day on the I-15 so we stopped for the night. The front desk was chaotic but the night clerk calmly organized everyone. our room was clean with great beds. There is a pool but we did not use it.

The complimentary breakfast was great. Hot waffles, cereals, ham, eggs, yogurt and more! We will be staying here again on our way back home. It is located 5 minutes off the main highway but was quiet and clean

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank psparrow56
Amber A, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel property here at the Comfort Inn in Ogden, Utah! We are grateful for all of our guests' feedback and your complimenting words help benefit and improve our continuing efforts to offer the best quality service for each guest who stays with us.

We hope to be able to serve you again in the future and we hope to have the chance to give you a good, comfortable stay again, when you're able to stay with us in the future!
Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Although close to the Interstate this hotel was quiet, no noise from the traffic and perhaps more importantly no trains. Rooms large clean and beds very comfortable. Lift to all floors in reception, very handy, Staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast included but as most is all very "plastic" and coffee a little weak as in most US hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank E Paul R
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 29, 2013

After more than a 700 mile drive the hotel was just what we needed. Check in was quick and efficient, room 215 was clean, the shower worked well and the bed was comfortable. This location provided easy access to restaurants, gas and the interstate. They offer an AARP rate which is always appreciated. The price was good for the area. Comfort Inn is usually fairly consistent throughout the chain and this was no exception. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple