“Clean but problem with bathtub drainage”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Kent, Washington
“Clean but problem with bathtub drainage”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed 1 night on our way to Las Vegas. Almost everything is clean as front desk lady told me hotel is 2 years old. I do have an issue with bathroom tub not draining water quickly enough like many other reviewers are mentioned before.
My husband complained to front desk lady and she told him he can go to another room. Since I seen this on previous review, I asked my husband to go and check the other rooms before dragging all our stuff to another room. He came back and told me other two rooms he tested with front desk lady were same. Bath tub water was VERY slow to drain which gross us out. Also, I also noticed some stains around bathroom pipe which was exposed under sink. Breakfast was just usual stuff. Hotel bathtub drainage issue maybe not random problem since we tested 3 different rooms so beware if you decide to stay here.

Room Tip: 1 night stay is OK but I wouldn't stay here for multiple nights. There is lack of soap, shampoo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Roosevelt, Utah
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Easy to find, good proximity to the Golden Spike Event Center, clean and professional. The first hotel we've stayed at that actually guaranteed the adjoining rooms I requested! We didn't check in until 9pm, and the kids were ecstatic to find that the pool was still open. Breakfast was comparable to most complimentary breakfasts - the sausage and eggs were pre-cooked and sort of soggy, but there were enough other items that we could choose from. The front desk clerk (Jennifer) was very pleasant, professional and accommodating.

Room Tip: If needing adjoining rooms, call the hotel directly instead of calling the toll-free reservations li...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
North Canton, OH
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel lobby is clean and well designed. Our room was clean and well maintained as well. Breakfast had a decent selection of choices and the staff was friendly and courteous.

The bed was comfortable and the hotel was easy to find. There are restaurants, shopping and gas stations within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Idaho City, Idaho
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here this last weekend. Due to a snow storm, we were unable To continue traveling home. We got online and found they had a few rooms with king beds only left, so we booked and went in. No one ever asked us how many or if we needed extra beds. We checked in at 11:30pm at night and then dropped our kids off with family and my husband and I came back to the hotel around 1:00 am. We slept till 6:00 am and went to grab our kids who are all under 10 years old. We brought our kids back to the hotel while we waited for the road to open. We let our kids swim for a half hour, ate a bowl of cereal and then left. Our check out sheet said $93.28. On Monday we had another charge come through for $65 from the hotel. I called and asked what it was for and they said it was for the time our kids were there in the morning. My girls are 10, 8, 5 and 3. The 3 and 5 year old mostly sat on the chairs. My husband and I didn't swim. So the hotel found it was justified in charging us $65 extra dollars for our four kids to swim for a half hour and eat a bowl of cereal. My husband and I each had a cup of coffee. We were never asked to have them leave or not to bring them in. They were not staying the night in the room so we did not list them. I have never in my life heard of anything so unfriendly and rude. They did not call us or give us a new bill. They simply decided they would just add the charge to us without speaking to us or giving us another receipt. If you stay here, watch your bill and be prepared for extra charges without your consent. It would have been one thing if they would have said "please have your kids wait in your car until checkout time". But who has ever heard of charging more once you leave because your young children swam for 30 minutes. The pool is 5ft deep with pealing and chiping paint off the walls. It is not a great hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay if you have young children. Holiday inn express is two miles south on I-15 and kids s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Vacastayaway
Amber A, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I am sorry about your experience with our hotel, and am sorry you felt it was unpleasant. We are always acomidating to guest with families and have suites avilable when requested for larger families. I am sorry you feel that you were charged outsanding amount however when Policy is broken by anyone we need to follow through. Please reconsider your stay options with us and we will show you we are friendly and accomidting to any family with no extra strings.

thanks, Amber
comfort Inn

Travelers are raving about these Ogden hotels

Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Mr Grumpy is the owner and you will know it when he is in the front desk area. Stay away, register later. He parks a black Lexus under the over hang so there is no room for the guests to unload. But he owns the place. I've seen him to talk down to employees even when guests are at the front desk area.

Rooms are clean, bedding package is good, walls are thin and breakfast is good.

Watch your room rate as he will quote you a price, not to include a second person. He told us he charges $10.50 for a second person. Corporate Lodging has taken this location off its list of hotels. The hotel did not tell us this when we made the reservation nor at check in. They doubled swiped our card for the second person and then wanted another credit card for the room. Just be careful and get everything in writing when making a reservation and again at check in.It's not worth the risk.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mas4467
Amber A, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I'm sorry about the experience you have had with some employees here we are working on having everyone welcoming and give great service. We do still have corprate lodging with our hotel. We have just been granted single occ rooms through them only. sorry for this inconvienience. I do hope these actions don't impact your choice to stay with us again.
Amber GM
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights with their ski & stay package. The lift tickets were discounted and so was the room. The hotel is newly remolded and we found it to be excellent. The room was large, and clean with new furniture & etc. ( everything was new) The free hot breakfast was different every day and complete. The staff bent over backwards to meet any needs we had. We wanted a quiet room so they put us on the top floor away from I-15. If you want to ski Powder Mountain or Snow Basin, this is your "base camp".

Room Tip: stay on the back side away from the freeway. It is a little hard to find as you pass the other hotel...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple