“Meh”

Ranked #117 of 385 Restaurants in Ogden
Cuisines: Asian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lincoln Ave.
Transit: Jasoh is ONLY 2 BLOCKS from the brand new Frontrunner Train Station. The Frontrunner trains run between Salt Lake City and Ogden, and make several stops along the way. The Greyhound bus station is at the same location as the train stop.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Should have been better for the price. It was good food, don't hear me wrong, but the service and food are going down hill. My wife and I used to go all the time and get the same amazing waiter, but since he left they can't get a decent waiter to save their lives. They call themselves 5 star but you have to earn that title and they have not. Still gave it a very good rating because the food just that, "very good", but for the price it should be great, and the service is that of a Denny's.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The stew was phenomenal, its a shame they don't have this as a regular entree! we can't figure out why this restaurant was rated so high - ie one of northern utah's best restaurants. portions were small and expensive. if you're a hearty eater, not the place to go. the location downtown and the outdoor balcony all very cool. need to see a better selection of food with larger portions.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I went for my birthday with a group of friends for dinner, made reservations and everything. All of our entrees took forever and weren't that great. But someone in our party found a hair in her food, so she had it remade and I kid you not, there was ANOTHER HAIR IN THE SECOND ONE THEY BROUGHT OUT!

This is not a joke: the cook came out, apologized and said, "I'm sorry, I'm trying to grow a Mullet." Seriously.

3  Thank mls678
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We took a group of 8 to this restaurant for dinner. Decor and setting were very nice. Ordered a nice sounding Salmon special marinated in wine. Sounded good but was in edible. Fish was bright purple and tasted like it had been marinated for a month. We understand that a meal can be different than expected but the service response was the killer. Server was ignorant, so we asked for the manager. He also was rude and gave this comment, "you obviously don't eat many fine meals with wine do you." We have been there a half dozen times before, always with a group as large as 20 people. We will not be back and for the record we eat out at least 100 times each year and will give our business to someone who cares about the customers.

3  Thank Dan P
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was in Ogden visiting a friend and decided to check out historic 25th street. I had a different restaurant in mind but happened by Jasoh and decided to check it out. After looking at the menu, I chose to dine there, in their pub side. It was one of the best meals I've had in a long time and I'm from San Francisco where great meals are the standard. They also have a great olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting bar. I ended up buying 10 bottles of assorted olive oils and balsamic vinegars. I highly recommend the restaurant when in Ogden.

1  Thank CanukChef