“Good value for lunch”
Review of The Sonora Grill

The Sonora Grill
Ranked #6 of 372 Restaurants in Ogden
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Sonora Grill is a unique and independent restaurant serving regional Mexican cuisine in a refined atmosphere with unparalleled customer service. Executive Chef, Chris Mortenson, brings with him an impressive resume of experience from restaurants in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, and Las Vegas. Chef Chris along with owner Steve Ballard are excited to share their passionate interpretation of Mexican food with its patrons. The Sonora Grill will feature a large ceviche bar, catering, full bar and lounge, private party room, private banquet room, and take out with a walk up window.
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Stopped on our way through town for a late lunch. Overall, the food was good and the prices for lunch were reasonable. Nice upscale atmosphere and good service.

Loved the chile verde. Good flavor and texture. If I came back, I'd want more.

Loved the sweet pork taco - pulled pork, pineapple, poco de gallo, and a smokey sweet good sauce.

Not a fan of the chicken cabbage salad. It was light on chicken, the lettuce was wilted, and it seemed a rather odd combo. Lettuce, cabbage, poached chicken, vinegar, and sour cream. Just.... No.

Not a huge fan of the poached chicken and cheese tacos on the kids menu either. Too much cheese and too little flavor.

If we are in town again, we would come back. I'd just avoid a few things on the menu.

Chip and salsa were delish!

There are newer reviews for The Sonora Grill

Reviewed June 19, 2014

The Sonora Grill offers great high end Mexican food. The only downside is the long wait times. They don't take reservations so if you don't want to stand around waiting for an hour go during a slow time. My wife and I went on a Friday night which was a mistake. The hostesses were not organized and were seating people ahead of us that had arrive after us. When we finally were seated service was good and attentive. I had the habanero fish tacos and they were amazing. It is a little on the pricey side but is justified by the good food.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I tried it for the first time, while waiting for a movie to start across the street. The place seemed clean. It was a Sunday so not too busy. Very friendly waitress. I showed her I liked them on Facebook and received a complimentary drink. My husband is a very picky eater and even he was pleased. Overall a wonderful experience! You can tell they are aiming to please. Convenient location next to hotel, movie theatre, flowrider, ifly, bowling etc. Plenty of extra parking in covered garages, if you can't find one right in front.

1  Thank MindfulMtnMama
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We came as a big group (about 22 people) and we were seated in a separate area. Our drinks came right away and our orders taken. Because it was a big group, we were given a special menu with 4 dishes to choose from. I had the chili verde and my husband the beef burrito. We enjoyed both dishes and our server should be commended for staying on top of everything. Overall it was a very positive experience and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stopped in for late lunch on a Saturday afternoon. Service was great and the fish tacos were good. The chips and salsa along with the ice cold beer was a nice start for our dining experience.
The atmosphere is casual. Only negative was they sat everybody in the same corner of the restaurant, got a little noisy. I will be back to try other items on the menu.