“Nice Stop”
Review of Comfort Suites

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Reserved through Priceline. Great service at check in by Jessica at front desk. Room was large, clean and comfortable. The free guest cocktail hour was fun hosted by Brenda. Jen at front desk helped us order a pizza for delivery at 9:45pm. Great bed and quite room even though it faced the freeway. Had an outside smoking area with a picnic table and chairs with tables. Couldn't ask for more. The adjacent Cactus Jacks had good food and service.

• Stayed: July 2013
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear DesertCigar,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Comfort Suites, Ogden, Utah. We know that you are busy and to write a comment takes time, but it is so important to us that we know what the guest is experiencing.

I am glad that you had a great experience upon check-in. We do have a fantastic front desk and they all try to embrace the customer's needs.

I will show all the staff members that you have mentioned your comments and thank them personally for the job that they are doing.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you on future visits.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I was very happy with my 3 day stay. The buffet breakfast every morning was fantastic. Very nice rooms and clean! Alot of nice ammenitys in rooms to!!! Stayed there during a convention I go to every year and best place ive stayed at the 7 yrs ive been attending. I will definitly book a room there for next year.

• Stayed: July 2013
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear suzweb,
First, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your patronage and your loyalty with us. Nothing thanks us more than a guest returning. We appreciate your taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. All comments are appreciated. It let's our staff know they are meeting the guests expectations.
We will look forward to your returning with us again in June 2014.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The service and room were fine. Our room was very clean and the staff were helpful. The location on the freeway was convenient. The breakfast was the standard Comfort Suites with a good variety and well stocked. We would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear JoAnne V,
Thank you for taking the time to respond to TripAdvisor on your stay with us last week. We appreciate you comments and are delighted that you will return again. On behalf of the entire staff of Comfort Suites, we thank you again for responding.

Comfort Suites / Holiday Inn Express

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Mold all lover the bathroom ceiling. Floors in the room were filthy. TripAdvisor public you have lied to me. This place was really bad. There was like sludge swirling around in the hot tub. It is extremely dated (not counting the water feature in the lobby.

Room Tip: Find a room elsewhere.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Mathew A
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on your stay to TripAdvisor. As a Certificate of Excellence Award Winner from TripAdvisor, we take ALL comments being positive or negative very seriously.

We apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. It would help us as a team if you would contact myself either by phone or e-mail so that we could discuss your room number and the problems more in detail. My contact information is listed at the closure of this response.

I have shown your review to all departments of the hotel that the problems would involve and will address all of your comments myself with those departments.

Again, thank you for bringing your stay to our attention.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Where do I begin... well, to start with we were on the first floor and the window did not lock at all. We requested a crib for our son, and were given a very worn pack and play that would not stay locked open. When we called to let the front desk know we were told they had no more cribs, so we had to go buy one. Light came in around all 4 sides of the door, and the air conditioning unit was too small to cool the entire room on only a moderately hot day. The breakfast was HORRIBLE. My husband has been to both Iraq and Afghanistan and said he had better breakfasts in both places. The eggs were nasty, the pastries were day-old, and the juices were in pitchers with ice in the juice instead of ice down the middle tube - thus watering the juice all down. To top it all off the room had a very, very odd smell to it. I will say the housekeeping did wonderful with what they had to work with. No complaints there! I'm not sure what everyone else thinks is so great. This place needs some work!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Amy S
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Amy S,
First off, let me thank you for taking the time to write your concerns and comments on your stay with us in June. Your comments are very valuable to us and we take each guest's responses
seriously.
I am sorry that you did not have a good experience at the hotel. With your comments, I will address each department that pertained to the issues so that they can be rectified.
I would appreciate if you would phone me or e-mail myself so that I can get a better handle on the room that you stayed in and the issues that you experienced.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Wow, what a refreshing experience! The desk clerks were most helpful and pleasant!!! The facility was most accomodating, clean and very peaceful!!! After a long day on the road, the bed was most comfortable and the room was quiet. A hot shower was waiting. The breakfast had everything you could imagine and was quite delicious. The best home away from home!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Plains Hiker,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Comfort Suites, Ogden Utah. We appreciate your business. We also are very appreciative of your comments concerning your stay. In today's busy world, it takes time to write a review to TripAdvisor and give your feedback concerning your stay. We thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us.

I am glad that the coffee was bold enough for your tastes. At a Choice Property, we try to satisfy all guests and their needs.

In closing, we would appreciate your choosing to stay with us again if you are in the Ogden area.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We pass by this place quite often since we normally stay at another hotel further south (on business), but thought we would try it this once. It is very roomy with a separate sitting area, micro, and fridge (as is all Comfort Suites). We have stayed at several Comfort Suites in other states and have found them all to be the upscale hotel of the 'Choice Hotel' chain.

This one has a nice restaurant in which we ate at and found it to be very good. Must try the 'Million Dollar Potatoes' and their ribs... yumm!

Upon checking in, we went by a room in which the maintenance man was working on a bathroom leak from the toilet (a woman was holding open the door while they spoke). We commented on what a 'fun' job that must be.... and proceeded to our room. We noticed immediately that the toilets flush veeeerrrrrrrrryyyyyy slooooowly with a slight 'chug, chug' at the end. Hmmmmmmmmmm?

We went about our business and several hours later noticed our toilet wouldn't flush correctly and the water approached dangerously toward the rim! Ewwwwe!!! I immediately accused my teenage daughter of using to much toilet paper, but she insisted that she hadn't. We were just returning from a 6 week business/pleasure trip and didn't have this problem with any of the other numerous hotels, so figured that she must be telling the truth. Anyway, our toilet did not overflow, but it did warrant a call to the maintenance man. We couldn't help but wonder if he has a steady, stable job at this hotel, lol. :) The maintenance man unclogged the toilet (I wasn't in the room when he worked on it, but my daughter was), but it still flushed veeerrrrrry slowwwwwwly thereafter.

In all, it's still a GREAT hotel and a GREAT restaurant, and we will likely return again. I think next time we will book a room on an upper floor (wondering if this is just a ground floor issue) to see if there is better flushing power up there. Maybe it was just two isolated issues that we just happened upon, but with the slow flushing, I think it's a problem to be addressed????

We were here on a weekend when there is no cocktail reception offered for guests, so I can't comment on that. Odds are that I will most likely be returning during a weekday, so can't wait to try that out. :)

Room Tip: Pet rooms are all on the ground level......
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Percheron Drafts,
Thank you for taking the time to make your responses to TripAdvisor. All comments are important to us. I thank you for choosing to stay with us. The bathroom issues that you mentioned have been taken directly to our Head of Maintenance. If you would contact me directly, I will be able to find out which room was the issue.

Again, thank you for your comments and we would appreciate your choosing to stay with us again.