$109
Hampton.com
$66
Motel 6
  • Pool
Best Western Plus High Country Inn(Ogden)(Great Value!)
$89
BestWestern.com
$109
$104
Courtyard
Sleep Inn(Ogden)
$80
Holiday Inn Express Ogden(Ogden)(Great Value!)
$90
$94
$71
Groupon.com
$125
$100
All reviewsattached restaurantcactus redsfree happy hourfront deskchips and salsasocial hourwafflesbreakfast is servedroad tripwould stay here againroom was cleanfree breakfastgreat roomsitting areanice stayindoor poolstayed one night
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I'm back at the Comfort Suites in Ogden, and I am impressed. I figured that this place couldn't be as great as I remembered, but it actually is. All of the same great people I remember still work here. Sue Cross, who is responsible for personnel here, not only has a real knack for finding great employees, but she holds on to them. In the past, whenever I find a place like a restaurant or a hotel that I really like, it never seems the same when I go back. Not so here. It's just as great as I remember it.

The entire staff is friendly and helpful. Everyone seems to remember me from my last trip. Karen gave me a warm greeting at the front desk. Susan welcomed me at breakfast like I was a long lost cousin. But the best part is still the guest social with Deb. She makes me feel like a welcome guest at a party with all of my best friends. That’s not easy, because except for Deb, I’ve never met any of these people before. But somehow she seems to know how to make me fit in. If you new me, you would understand how impressive that is. I am not exactly what you would call the “life of the party”. In fact, my daughter sometimes kiddingly refers to me as “Sheldon” (after a character on The Big Bang Theory who is smart, but has no idea what to do in social situations) When I’m here with Deb, though, I feel confident and at ease. I know I have Deb there to fill the otherwise awkward silence with a charming, witty comment that makes me appear to be clever and interesting. She’s always there to fill drinks and make sure everyone has a good time. I don’t know how she does it. I make friends and have a good time. And I completely forget that I’m here on business.

I don’t normally enjoy traveling, but I certainly look forward to coming back to the Comfort Suites in Ogden.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve E
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Steve E
WELCOME BACK!!!! Comfort Suites, Ogden was so delighted when your name came up on the guest arrivals. We so appreciate your confidence in us. It is not only the staff that make a Great Hotel but the Guests that stay in it. Your visits have made a huge impact on all of us and we are always delighted when a customer such as yourself chooses to return and stay with us.

Karen, our night auditor is amazing from greeting a guest at check-in at 2:00 am to telling a guest to have a great day at work at 7:00 am.

Deb, our "social chemist" what can we say, she is the best. No one is alone when Deb is with them. A truely VALUED EMPLOYEE!!! as with all of those who dedicate themselves to Comfort Suites.

We look forward to greeting you again on your next stay here in Ogden. Tell, your daughter, she doesn't really know you, "You fit into our crowd just perfect!"

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Nice people, decent rooms, and great happy hour drinks and snacks. We frequently come through, and always stay here. Our group is usually driving semi-trucks, and the adjoining truck parking lot and nearby truck stop make it a great place to spend the night.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

DarrenE,
Happy Hour is the best for many of our guests!!!! Imagine, getting a free social for an hour with a great staff member making you feel right at home.

Your review is a statement we often hear. We appreciate people commenting on this ammenity that we offer to our guests. Your taking the time to let us know that you liked this part of your stay is so appreciated.

I hope in the future, we will see you again.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Flash foyer and clean rooms. Nice to have seperate sitting area in room. Rust and mildew in bathroom, however.
Breakfast at far end of hotel in an adjoining restaurant, so be prepared to walk. Breakfast well presented and very attentive server. Good selection of items.

However, the restaurant for other meals should be missed. Handy yes, but poor service even though plenty of staff and few customers. Had to interrupt staff conversation to see if our order would be taken after waiting 15 minutes being ignored by several staff that walked passed on their way to the staff chat area. This restaurant reflects poorly on the hotel whose staff are attentive.

Stayed: May 2013
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear RaObrien,
I appreciated your comment concerning your stay at the hotel. We thank you for taking the time to let us know what we are doing correctly and what needs improvement. As travelers, we are always busy, for a guest to write a review for TripAdvisor is greatly appreciated by our management.

We are glad that we met your expectations on some accounts, but are disappointed that there were areas of concern. Please know that all reviews are handled individually per department and your comments have been addressed with the appropriate departments involved. Guest comments, be them positive or negative help to let us know what we must do as an enitre staff to create a "perfect experience" for the guest.

In the future, we would appreciate your staying with us again.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is our second time here as we pass through snow-birding it. The hotel has the semi-suite style rooms where the rooms are not partitioned but is comfortably furnished and well maintained. They host a free happy hour 6-7pm adjacent to the lobby most evenings which is tended by a very friendly hostess. The price is right and a very decent restaurant in the same building (where the included breakfast occurs) is directly on hand for road weary travellers. Our only quibble is the very small pillows (referred to by others in this thread) which are out of step with the rest of the relatively recent renovation (about 2 years ago). We will again be back next year either coming or going.

Room Tip: We always choose the top floor at hotels of this design. Dog owners will be offered rooms on the main floor. We chose the side away from the highway but do not really know if that is necessary or not.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ranch7, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites, Ogden. From your positive review, I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations. We appreciate also your continued business with us.

Our staff here at the hotel is amazing and we are very proud of them. They receive all comments written by our guests concerning their stay, be them positive or negative. They all will have the opportunity to hear your comments. Again, we thank you for your review and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My brother, sister-in-law and myself were on our way home to Saskatchewan from Arizona. We were anxious to get home, and hoping not to get caught in any of the bad weather around the country. The rooms were very comfortable and quiet. It was nice to have a restaurant attached to the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I had a problem getting the Wi-Fi on my i-Pad and the clerk had me bring it down to her and she explained it to me and got me going.

The nicest surprise of all was when we got up in the morning and found our bill under the door. Attached to the bill was a sheet with "Go Roughriders" (our home football team) written at the top. And it was even written in green ink, the color of our Riders jerseys. What a way to make you feel welcome and at home!!! Thanks so much.

Room Tip: I was in 207, and my brother and his wife were in 205. Just far enough away from the noise of the ice machine and pop coolers.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is wonderful to hear you had a quiet and comfortable stay here at the Comfort Suites in Ogden. I love that you had such a positive experience with our staff and found them very friendly and helpful. It means a lot to our staff to know what they do every day is recognized by our guests! We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a superior stay and excellent customer service. Come back and see us again soon!