“Best place in town with out a doubt!!!!!!!!!!!”

Best Western Paradise Inn of Nephi
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Nephi
slc, Utah
“Best place in town with out a doubt!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I go through Nephi all the time and last weekend (5/11/13) was the first time I have EVER seen the vacancy sign out at this hotel ! So I guess that the rest of the world already knows this is THE place to stay in this town!
I thought the room was great (Clean, roomy, comfortable bed, hair dryer in the bathroom...that's a big deal to some guys...like ME!)
The continental breakfast was near perfect in my opinion...Fresh Waffles, a choice of juice (oj & cranberry and I LOVE both!) Eggs...this is another thing I think is mandatory for a complete breakfast...but I've found them at very few places??? Hot and cold cereal...although I rarely eat either one of these just cause i don't drink milk. Fresh fruit.... Yupper, this place had almost everything....except... " Y O G U R T " If they'd a had this tasty stuff, the breakfast woulda been absolute perfection!
Every employee i spoke to was as nice as could be.
So if'n i ever see the vacancy sign again when I'm in town you can be sure that this is where I'll be a staying!

Room Tip: I had Room #244. It was great for me because i like to be on the top floor cause i always get there...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Czech first
SE Idaho
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a well-run, extraordinarily clean travel hotel; we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

I don't often wax poetic about Best Western hotels...there is a lot of variability between the various locations, and many of them seem tired--BUT THIS ONE IS WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT TO TELL YOU ABOUT!

THE BEST WESTERN PARADISE INN in Nephi, Utah is a SPARKLING GEM OF A TRAVEL HOTEL. By no means a "resort;" it is clearly intended as an overnight stay in central Utah while going up or down Interstate 15. The exterior is plain and no-nonsense...you're not staying here for the fancy gardens or architecture. But for tired travelers, it is easy to get to/from the Interstate going either north or south...just a few blocks on the business route through the small town. ADDED BONUS: you get quick on/off highway access, but ZERO traffic noise!!

The staff was extremely attentive and helpful--much friendlier than in bigger towns. The property's atmosphere is straightforward and unpretentious...Nephi is a classic small town in rural Utah, after all. I noticed that several truckers and other "serious" business travelers were staying here...I'd guess this BW is one of those guarded secrets of great places to stay.

Where this motel REALLY SHINES is the EXCELLENT condition of its rooms and the SUPERB CLEANLINESS we saw in every detail. As a military family (now retired), we've traveled literally around the world and the United States...I couldn't begin to count the number of nights we've had to spend in hotels...and that's just the family travel, without counting my official travel.

The furnishings are in excellent condition and tasteful--it's not the Ritz, but it is PROBABLY THE BEST "OVERNIGHTER" HOTEL WE'VE EVER STAYED IN, especially at the price. I'd guess the rooms were renovated recently; they DID NOT have the "tired" feeling of so many hotels in this category.

We also appreciated the unique room layouts. Instead of having the air conditioner/heating unit going through the front wall and blowing out over the bed(s), this unit had a combined AC & Heating unit mounted in the back wall, where an alcove cut the noise of the unit WAY DOWN compared to the front wall layout that is standard for this category of hotel, yet still provided plentiful and even heating (it was April in Utah, after all, so we needed heating).

Again, the best part of this gem was the SUPERBLY CLEAN, RECENTLY RENOVATED ROOM we enjoyed! This hotel must have some of the best housekeeping staff I've seen in a couple of decades.

I should also note the presence of a very sharp-looking swimming pool and spa/hot tub enclosed in solarium-type glass & metal framing. Though we couldn't enjoy it due to time constraints, clearly it would delight families and kids.

No restaurant on site...but try "Lisa's Country Kitchen" just a couple of blocks down. There's also a coin-operated laundry a block or two down the street--not as convenient as an on-site laundry room, but probably cheaper and definitely faster, plus no competition with other travelers for the machines. Don't know if they have a fitness center, as we had no time to use one, anyway.

A GREAT hotel/motel for the traveling crowd on I-15 through Central/South Utah, in the town of Nephi. YES, we'd stay there again...and no doubt will, as we pass through the region often.

Room Tip: No elevator to the second floor rooms, so you might want to specify a first floor room. The parking...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Choose this motel mostly because of location. We also wanted to make sure we could bring our dog (who travels with us) Very glad we made a reservation, as when we arrived there was a note on the door saying that unless you had a reservation, they were all booked up. As we like to get up and run, we also wanted to make sure that breakfast was available.

The room was clean and the beds exceptionally comfortable. Our only issue was some noisey neighbours above us for a short time....doing jumping jacks??? anyway, did not last long.

The dog walking area to the rear of the motel is easily accessible, I just wish dog owners would learn to pick up after their pets. We ALWAYS make sure we have doggie bags in our pockets, it's so rude when others are not as bright and leave the remains. A sign advising that this should be picked up would be welcome, along with perhaps some baggies and a disposal container. (just my thoughts)

The breakfast was more than adequate and we appreciated the hard boiled eggs along with other choices.

As we travel through this area a couple of times a year, there is more than a good chance we will stay here again. We did not use the pool area as we do not leave our dog unattended, but it looked inviting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

What a joy to find such a nice place to stay in such a small town! A colleague and I were to go to a local college but I have a friend in nephi that I wanted to visit, so we stayed here, and it was awesome. The pool was refreshing and perfect for my morning laps, and breakfast was hot and fresh. The desk people were amazingly friendly, and the town, though small, was full of helpful people, giving us advice on things to do, as well as directions. If we ever go back I will be sure to stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
Bluffdale, UT
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were returning from our week at Vegas and my kids begged for one more night so we choose to stay at the Best Western in Nephi because it had a pool. The rooms were the cleanest we experienced on our trip and the service was great - like they really appreciated our business. This along with the nice breakfast is why I rated it 5 stars. As far as I could tell this was the best place around and the kids loved the pool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Monterey, California
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at this motel for two days in March on one of my frequent business trips. The weather was very cold, with snow and icicles draping my rental car in the morning. The heater in the room tried valiantly to stave off the cold with little success. I resorted to heavy warmups and a sweatshirt to stay warm. Unfortunately my work required me to work from the room on my computer. The heater was on the back wall and the fan was partially blocked by the structure of the wall of the open closet, pushing the warm air back at the thermostat and fooling it into "thinking" that the room was a toasty 79 when it was more like 60. I finally figured that out and angled the ironing board to redirect the heat into the room, but it only improved a bit. I suppose I could have worked in the closet but in retrospect I probably would have gotten a cramp. Freezing cramps; not a pretty picture.

The shower was a challenge. Don't you love that word? It seems to have become interchangeable with "problem" or "defective". You had to be a precision machinist or perhaps a safe-cracker to be able to adjust the hot water in the shower. It was either freezing with strong pressure or dribbling lava, dripping on your hand as if to punish you for having the nerve to want hot water. "You want hot water? I'll give you hot water!" When I was finally able to dial in the exact micrometer I could stand there in warm bliss for about 30 seconds until someone in a room in another motel somewhere flushed their toilet, whereupon I was either scalded or frozen with no warning. This would alternate until I gave up and took a sponge bath, which I suppose was the design in the first place, and a handy money saver for Best Western.

Maybe next time I'll visit in the summer, but then of course the cold water will probably be hot.

PS: I almost forgot the noise. They only had one room downstairs with no elevator and I have a ton of equipment that I can't leave in the car. My room was next to the stairs and the walls were paper thin. Oh, and to the lady who waited until she was alone on the stairs to really let one rip: BUSTED!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the stairs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave7373737
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nephi
National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo
#3 of 6 in Nephi
Tintic Goldminers Inn
Tintic Goldminers Inn
#1 of 1 in Eureka

Been to Best Western Paradise Inn of Nephi? Share your experiences!