“Good old home food”

Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Nephi
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: JC Mickelson's has become a bit of a staple amongst those in Nephi, Utah. Between our unique train display, genuinely exceptional service, and of course our delicious food, we have become a place that locals love and those travelling through make sure to stop in for a meal. We invite you to stop by check out our trains and have a delicious meal all in a family atmosphere. Ever since the beginning, JC Mickelson's has adhered to the mission of providing our guests with food and service of the highest quality, the greatest possible value, and making the event and enjoyable dining experience. We also pride ourselves in providing good jobs, working conditions, and benefits for our employees.
Reviewed August 9, 2012

An interesting little restaurant with trains and happy waitresses. The food is like what my gramma used to cook. You cant beat that!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Swiss burger well done and juicy! It was served with melted Swiss and a few pieces of sautéed onion, and on the side, strips of green leaf lettuce (lots of points for not serving iceberg), a thick slice of a sweet beefsteak tomato, and commercial pickles.

The onion rings were the best that I've had in a long time. They were large, and usually, that means too much onion in slices that are too thick with batter that is wet and soggy. Their onion rings were almost as big around as my fist and crunchy in the way that tempura is crunchy but without tempura's rough texture.

Their slices of pie are enormous, and a la mode is an option. My banana cream pie came soft as one would expect it to be unless it's made with adulterants to keep it stiff for as long as it may take to sell it. The crust was shortbread, and it was served with a bit of "whipped" cream from a can (small demerit for that).

Good value. Very good food.

If you're a model train fan, plan to have a meal there.

Will I return? Yes. Will I recommend it? Yes.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

It's not often you walk into a restaurant and are greeted by a large layout of model trains.
That is what you get when you enter JC Mickelson's. I am not a train buff but I thought it was rather unique and what sets this restaurant apart from others. The food selection was typical and the remaining interior was pretty normal. The service was better than average and the staff very pleasant.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Been seeing the signs for this place on every trip when we return from the south. Finally stopped in. The food was good. I might have set higher expectations because of all the signs, but we had some good food and the service was great. All the trains were interesting as well.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

My husband and I recently had the great pleasure of visiting the JC Mickelson Restaurant and we simply do not have enough good things to say about this wonderfully quaint little restaurant. The food was excellent. The train running throughout the restaurant was absolutely charming (wonderful for kids and train buffs). The staff were friendly. 5 out of 5 stars. Take the time to visit this restaurant yourself. We loved it so much that I was just going to write an article on it when I stumbled onto this review page. I'm still going to write the article but I'll do it after my review ;)