“Surprised at what you get for the low price”

National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Nephi
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have never before stayed at a hotel that cost this little, and I'm really surprised at what you can get for only $45 per night (plus taxes). Yes, the room is small, but big enough. Free internet, TV, fridge (with freezer compartment), microwave, and even a coffee maker to my delight. Even breakfast is included in the rate - bagels, waffles, and a few other things. Yes, the room is dated, the carpet has been there a while, but everything was clean in my room. I'm glad I picked this motel and would stay there again.

What bothered me, I have to say, was the AC unit that was really loud. If it was a continual loud I wouldn't mind, but it came off and on. Since it was cool outside, I actually ended up turning it off and opening the window. Since the motel is right by the highway, there IS a lot of traffic noise, but it's at least a continual noise. The most annoying was the people in front of my window early in the morning, talking loudly, certainly not aware that someone was trying to sleep right on the other side of the window. That was the downside of being on the bottom floor and close to the reception area. Also, I could hear people walking in the room above me really well.

Room Tip: Choose a top room, or if on the bottom, further away from the reception area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
National9inns, Manager at National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear h2tni,
We would like to thank you for your review. We love to hear about each guest’s stay so we know how to improve and what our guests like. We are very pleased to know that our hotel’s amenities fit your needs during your stay. We apologize for the noise outside your room. We hope you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you again for letting us know about your stay.
R. Howell – Regional Manager

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is an easy place to get to that has a very, friendly, helpful staff. We like to stay at places that are American run and this one is! Would stay again. The price was quite a nice surprise and they always have someone at the front desk. Breakfast was above average for a small place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Ron D.
Thank you very much for your great review. We are very pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us and that you liked our breakfast. We hope to see you in the future to stay with us again. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I drive to Vegas (from Canada) once or twice a year and this is my pit stop. A quick dip in the hot tub with a beer. A little breakfast on the way out the next morning.

The housekeeping may be lacking, as posted elsewhere, but those are not a concern for me.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Edward G,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We love to hear from our guests so we know where we need more improvement and that our staff is doing well. We are glad to hear that you were able to use our hot tub to relax and that you had a good breakfast the next morning. We are sorry about the housekeeping, but we are in the process of fixing it. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The National 9 Hotel in Nephi is a dump, plain and simple. The entire hotel stinks of curry, the beds are uncomfortable, the water pressure inadequate, the towels like sand paper and the included “breakfast” is more or less non-existent. Charging $19.95 for this pile would have been outrageous but the $59.00 we paid was simply criminal. If your only other option is to sleep sitting up in your car with your kids on your lap, as it was for us, then stay here. Otherwise, try to make it to Provo or frankly anyplace else.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank expeditiondaddy
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Expedition Daddy,

I think I have to start this email by asking if you are sure you have the right place ? You make a lot of comments that don't seem accurate and I have searched all park city guests within the last 8 months and we have had none from Park City. Your comment about the hotel stinking of curry does not identify us as the only cooking that occurs at the motel is waffles for breakfast, we have no staff that enjoy curry at all. We have never had an issue with water pressure and your comment about breakfast being non existent is rough if you consider, waffles, fresh fruit, danishes, bagels, 3 types of cereal juice and a 24 hour coffee bar as non existent. Your comment about the beds as uncomfortable being our beds are not very old.

If it is on fact our motel you are referring to I would urge you to contact me so that I can learn more about all the things that went wrong with your staff so that I can correct them in the future. If you call the property and ask for the number to the corporate office they will refer you to our office.

Or please contact me at National9@Gmail.com. Thank you

Kevin Howell - Owner

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very reasonable price for room. 20% off at Dennys with room key was nice too.

Evening desk attendant was friendly/professional and did her best to resolve issues (she deserves kudos). We were there to have fun (county fair) so didn't let the little glitches get us down.

Housekeeping was very sub-par. Hard-to-miss curly hairs (definitely not ours) in the shower, and even worse, in one of the drinking cups (obviously reused). Like another reviewer, we also had a poop smudge on rim of bowl (not visible with the seat down, don't even want to know how it got there) so left the seat down and just aimed carefully the rest of our stay. When going to bed we pulled covers back to find no top sheet. After the hairs, etc we didn't trust the bottom sheet either so requested a fresh set and changed them ourselves. I had to laugh when a neighbor came to the office (while I was there getting sheets) because they were missing pillow cases for all their pillows.

Floors in our room (#17) were very creaky, as was the tub. Thankfully we were upstairs but felt bad for the room below so tried to walk light.

The pool/spa closed before we got back to motel (9:30p) and we didn't get up in time for the breakfast (5:30-9:30a) so can't comment on either of those. The early breakfast hrs would be great for travelers anxious to hit the road, but extending the hours a bit (at least on weekends maybe) would better accommodate the leisurely traveler.

Bottom line, yes, I would try them again. Its certainly not a resort, but dandy for travelers needing an inexpensive place to crash for the night. I do recommend they do something about the housekeeping though. They're bringing down what would otherwise be a perfectly fine budget motel. On the plus side, the lady working the front desk (she said she was new but I don't recall her name) did an excellent job. Even though she was having to compensate for the poor performance of others, she kept it professional and did not bad mouth her co-workers. She sincerely apologized for the inconvenience, resolved the issues, and said she would let the management know. Needless to say I didn't leave a tip for housekeeping, but on reflection I should have given it to the front desk instead.

Room Tip: Creaky floors.. get an upstairs room (and then try not to annoy your neighbors below too much.. lol...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ablauer,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review so we know where we can improve and what our guests enjoy. We are truly sorry about all the housekeeping problems you had in your room. We are in the process of fixing the problems we are currently having with our housekeeping. However, we are pleased to hear that you were well taken care of by our Desk Clerk. Again, we are very sorry and we hope that you will give us another chance and you will stay with us again. Thanks again for letting us know of the problems.

K. Howell - Owner

Reviewed July 15, 2013

What can I say here? I checked into this motel and went to my room whereupon I lifted the toilet lid to cake care of some business and lo and behold there lying in the toilet is some leftover poop from someone else! It was obvious that whomever had used the toilet previous to me being in the bathroom had flushed but not all of their 'business' had made its way to the sewer system. I don't know how it got there, but it was quite obvious that either the guest in the room before me had used the toilet last and the housekeeper had not actually cleaned the toilet, or the housekeeper had needed to defecate after cleaning the toilet and hadn't checked for leftover after flushing. Either way, the toilet was quite obviously not clean and a situation like this is TOTALLY unacceptable and really quite disgusting.
I reported the situation to the manager/clerk on duty who put me in a different room and checked the bathroom in the original room as well. She admitted they seemed to have a 'housekeeping problem' that day considering what happened and I of course agreed. I really should have demanded a refund and gone to another motel in town but I was traveling on a motorcycle and re-packing all my gear on to the bike is a time consuming thing and after a 12 hour riding day in 100 degree heat I just wanted to shower, get some air conditioning and relax.
The second room I was given seemed fine other than needing the floor in the bathroom resurfaced, but after my experience with the first room I simply cannot say anything other than..........
NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Mike B. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay. It
helps let us know how we are doing and how we can improve. I am truly sorry
that your stay was not satisfactory and that you needed to change rooms. Our staff tries
to make sure every room is properly cleaned and obviously something was missed in this
room. I have been in contact with my property manager so that we can take the appropriate
steps to make sure that this does not happen again. Again, I apologize for the unsatisfactory
condition of the room.

K. Howell - Owner

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Room was nice size, things were clean. Nice included continental breakfast. Quiet enough. Right off interstate. Friendly staff helped us with our route. Only complaint is pillows to big. Jst do not expect much - and you will be pleased with the value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Morgan2010,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased to hear that our hotel’s amenities were satisfactory and that you liked our Breakfast options. It’s great to hear that our staff was able to give you good directions on your route. We hope you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you again.

K. Howell – Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nephi
Best Western Paradise Inn of Nephi
#4 of 6 in Nephi
Tintic Goldminers Inn
Tintic Goldminers Inn
#1 of 1 in Eureka

Been to National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo? Share your experiences!