“More than a continental breakfast”

National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Nephi
Saint Louis, Missouri
“More than a continental breakfast”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Don't really have any minuses so I will move to the +s. Good bed, refrigerator, microwave, shampoo, parking great, enough channels on TV, and good location (for being out in the middle of nowhere). The continental breakfast was amazing...waffles, couple different kinds of cereal, muffins, juices, coffee, milk, bread, oatmeal, bananas, apples, fruit cups, and hot chocolate. This is the best "continental breakfast" I have ever seen. BTW, I didn't find this out until coming back through there to get gas but the main part of town is west of the freeway (I-15) and North Main Street while this motel is located east of the freeway and on South Main Street. Didn't matter much to me but just to give a head's up. There are multiple gas stations and fast food places on National Inn's side of I-15.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tfberry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were just traveling through to Salt Lake City and had to stop. We were sent here by another motel that was full. For $55 I expected it to be awful, but was pleasantly surprised. Though a small room, the king bed was comfortable and clean. They had nice towels. Breakfast was the standard. The staff seem to work extra hard to make your stay comfortable. We were asked by staff about our experience there and they genuinely seemed interested in our feedback. There is a pool, but it was not yet open. Were given a coupon for the restaurant next door. The food there was tasty, but the service was awful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Mary45,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travelers. We are glad that you were pleasantly surprised and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Calgary
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just needed a place to crash to break up the loooong drive. Never stayed in Nephi before. I think there were only 2 places to choose: National 9 and Super8. Next time, if there is a next time, we will try the Super8...just to see. I'd recommend pushing through to Provo if you can.

This is your standard, outdated, 2 story, wood floors, old time motel. I felt bad for the guests below us as I could hear the floor squeak every time I tip toed. Sorry fellow travellers! The staff were lovely and the rooms were quite clean. No creepy smells.

The blankets were nasty though...old cig burns and all natty and pilled. Blech. I did put that on the comment card so hopefully they read it, and change them out.

We had a king room, which was quite large. Bathroom was old and tired but it did the trick. Plenty of hot water and towels.

They offer a small free brekkie in the lounge, which was something we didn't expect from such a tiny place. Standard things like waffles, bagels, cereal etc. It worked for us. They also have a deal going with Dennys where you show your room key and get 20% off your meal. Too bad the service at Dennys was a dog. It sure wasn't at National 9 though. Nice bunch.

Room Tip: top floor is probably much quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear love- the-sun, Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to write a review. I do appreciate you pointing out the positives and negatives of your stay. I will be getting with my staff about the blanket issue that you experienced as there is no excuse for that. I noticed in your review that you mentioned you might consider trying one of our competitors next time you are in town, if you do so, like I would recommend with most motels, is ask to see the room first to see if it meets your standards.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will be our guest in the future.

Kevin - Owner
Logan, Utah
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Me & my husband stopped here on our way to Las Vegas. We didn't have reservations, and we checked in kind of late...the lady at the front desk was very patient & nice. Most hotels in Utah don't allow smoking, I noticed that when we checked in they have smoking rooms...So that might be a plus for some people. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, the bed was better than expected, and free internet access. We did hear the train once before we went to bed, but never heard it again. Being close to the freeway, we never did get the traffic noise. The continental breakfast could of been better....They ran out of bagels, when I asked they didn't have anymore. Only had a few pieces of bread left, and the bag had been left open, so it was a little hard. The waffle maker has seen better days, my first attempt it stuck to the waffle maker. My second attempt I made sure to spray extra pam on the waffle maker, and it came out a little better. But I did not leave hungry, so you can manage to find something. I would definately recommend to family, friends, or stay again myself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. I will get with my staff regarding running out of bagels as there is no reason for this to happen. We will look forward to seeing you in the future and appreciate you recommending others to stay with us.
Cranbrook Bc
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This motel is easily accessible off the freeway and price is reasonable. Some recent upgrades apparently but looks like they were done 'on the cheap'. Soundproofing is poor as we were kept awake by upper floor tenant. Beds not very comfortable. A/C from adjacent unit was noisy. Staff was friendly, room was clean and breakfast was ok.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor and check the beds for comfort before booking in.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Casper99, Owner at National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Please let me apologize for the guest above you that was noisy and disrupted you. Our staff strives to make all customers as comfortable as possible. If ever int he future another guest is disruptive please let our staff know and we will do our best to remedy the situation. We hope you will give us the chance to accommodate you in the future.
Vaughn, Washington
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Very nice family run motel with a great upscale menu for their free breakfast for guests (i.e. two different kinds of upscale wheat breads, all flavors of juice, waffles and more. they are very accommodating to your needs and provided a nice clean motel room with free Internet and cable TV.

Room Tip: Top floor=no noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Pocatello, Idaho
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The perfect stop. This is a great stopping off point heading to the southwest or coast. The price was right. the rooms where nice and big and clean. The staff was great at check in and at check out. Even being close to the highway we didnt hear the traffic at night. You wont be dissapointed about your stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nephi
Best Western Paradise Inn of Nephi
#4 of 6 in Nephi
Tintic Goldminers Inn
Tintic Goldminers Inn
#1 of 1 in Eureka

Been to National 9 Inn - Mt Nebo? Share your experiences!